Calamity by Brandon Sanderson

Calamity

by Brandon Sanderson

Series: The Reckoners (3)

English (33)  Dutch (1)  All languages (34)
Oh goodness, I have to say this book left me disappointed. I found it to be a hot mess. Nowhere near the first book. The ending was completely meh. I really like Brandon Sanderson but I have been putting off reading this book because I had a feeling after the second book I wasn't going to enjoy it. If this had been the first book I am not even sure I would have read on. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't for me. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
This book was cheesy as all hell when it comes to tropes about heroes and facing down what you fear, but it was a wonderful ending to a great trilogy. The characters were well written over all with just minor things that annoyed me (mainly those dumb as hell metaphors that David was always making up). Though Cody had similar things going on (in the form of enormously exaggerated stories), he remained my all time favorite side character that I have read about in a while. Nighthawk was also another side character whose scenes I really loved. His snarkiness was funny.

The premise of overcoming the darkness in Epics, though cheesy, was interesting to see and the deadly fights that the Reckoners had to go through to test their theories were very fun to read about.

The revelations about Calamity through me for a loop and actually had me worried for the Reckoners.

The ending, though once again very cheesy and cliche to read, actually gave a little tug on my heartstrings. ( )
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |

Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |
If you like sci-fi stories, this is a good trilogy and well worth the time. I listened to it and it was easy to follow along. It was also entertaining as an audiobook. ( )
  MHanover10 | Feb 4, 2018 |
Though it was the end of a full story , it was as weak. I felt like you had this huge conflict and challenge and BOOM outta nowhere comes this easy resolution. Blah, I was told that this is probably the worse of his series that he has done. Great premise, bad delivery - BUMMER ( )
  MrNattania | Jan 26, 2018 |

Brandon Sandersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Green, SamCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Kaylynn ZoBell
A writer, reader, critiquer, and friend,
who has spent ten years in a writing group
with a bunch of loudmouths
and still raises her hand politely to make comments,
instead of murdering us.
(Thanks for all the help over the years, Kaylynn!)
I've witnessed the fearsome depths.

David prepares for a confrontation against the High Epic to help his friend, Prof, achieve redemption and embrace his destiny.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,928,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible