Wedding Wipeout: A Rabbi Kappelmacher…

Wedding Wipeout: A Rabbi Kappelmacher Mystery

by Jacob M. Appel

Good story line. I found it interesting. ( )
  jennifer57 | Sep 5, 2018 |
Assistant Rabbi Steinmetz, in training to be head Rabbi once Rabbi Kappelmacher retires, is just trying to not be a schlemiel. But in Wedding Wipeout things get interesting when a visitor arrives. The former assistant Rabbi, Marshall Green, is now a lawyer with a case that defies all logic.

One of his firm’s clients has died under suspicious circumstances. An elderly woman, Florence Eisenstein had just married the man she had been dating for the last several months. In the morning after her wedding, she is found dead in her bed.

She and her sister were the sole heirs to their father’s egg-cream fortune. Their father’s will, however, stipulated that if either of them married their annual stipend would end and the proceeds immediately pass to the other sister.
So why, after all these years, would she not only decide to marry but announce to all of her family that she had found a way to break the will? As far as Green was aware, that will was ironclad, unbreakable.

And why did she say that she was disinheriting her nephew? As far as anyone knew they had been on good terms before and after his recent return from being abroad for six months.

An Interesting Mind

Green believes the woman may have been murdered, even though her own doctor ruled it an accidental death. Throughout the book, we follow Steinmetz as he tries to keep up with Rabbi Kappelmacher’s investigation.

It was fascinating to read how Kappelmacher thinks while he tries to reason out the facts. He has an interesting sense of humor too which is well displayed throughout the entire novel. As a religious leader, one would think that lying would be frowned upon. Apparently posing as an FBI agent is acceptable in a murder investigation.

Using nothing more than his wit and some rabbinic reasoning, Kappelmacher weaves his way through the lies and misdirection to find the truth. Steinmetz tries to keep up as best he can.

Wedding Wipeout was a delightful read. I greatly look forward to reading more books featuring Rabbi Kappelmacher and others written by author Jacob M Appel.

Reviewed for LnkToMi iRead in response to a complimentary copy of the book provided by the author in hopes of an honest review. ( )
  KriisGaia | Aug 27, 2018 |
I received this book in return for a review. The story revolves around Rabbi Kappelmacher and his assistant finding clues on the death of Florence Eisentein. Even though they did not personally know Florence, the Eisenten family was a well known family in their town. Rabbi concludes that what was an asthma attach was actually murder. This mystery story was an interesting ready. I actually started reading as soon as I reeived the book and couldnt put it down until i found out who murdered the Einstein sister. Although somewhat predictable, the story did have a small twist at the end. I wished they had revealed more about Irvings death but i thought it was implied what happened. Overall, I would recommend this book for a quick read. It does have some jewish terms but easy to follow. ( )
  girrafona | Aug 12, 2018 |
I didn't love nor hate the book. It was a good premise, Rabbi Kappelmacher, who likes mysteries, goes on a quest to solve a questionable murder. I just thought it was a little far fetched & actually found the rabbi a little annoying. I found his always putting down his assistant, Rabbi Steinmetz a bit tiresome, although I did learn a few more ways to call some an idiot in Hebrew/Yiddish. LOL. I did like the Cast of Characters list at the beginning of the story describing who the people are & what the relation is to one another because I had a hard time keeping all the characters straight. ( )
  Jojobaby12 | Aug 6, 2018 |
When i first started reading Wedding Wipeout, I had low expectations and in the end was very wrong. Good story line, great mystery. I loved how the author dropped clues but they were not enough for me to fully find out until the end. ( )
  kamey25 | Jul 19, 2018 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jacob M. Appel's book Wedding Wipeout is currently available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Jacob M. Appel is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,002,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible