Blind Faith

by Rebecca Zanetti

Other authors: Shannon Crystal (Cover artist)

Series: Sin Brothers (3)

10619190,155 (3.89)1
A betrayal he couldn't forget . . . For Nate Dean, love is a four-letter word. As part of a secret black-ops military unit, he and his brothers were genetically engineered by the government to be ruthless soldiers with an expiration date. They were loyal only to one another . . . until Nate laid eyes on the woman who stole his heart and blew his world apart. Now, years later, his family is still paying the price for his mistake. But as time runs out, there's only one person who can save his family: the very woman Nate swore he'd never trust again. A love she couldn't deny . . . The moment Audrey Madison spies Nate across a crowded ballroom, she can barely breathe. He's just as undeniably sexy as she remembers, yet there's an edge to him now that's as irresistible as it is dangerous. When he asks for her help, Audrey can't refuse. But she has secrets of her own--secrets that, if Nate ever discovers them, may cost them both their lives . . .… (more)

I thought that this was a great installment in the Sin Brothers series. I cannot believe that I have had these books sitting around for years and am just now getting around to reading them. This is the third book in the series and I do recommend reading this series in order since some of the plot points are carried on from one book to the next. I had a great time listening to this book and found it to be a really exciting read.

I was really excited to dive into Nate and Audrey's story because I knew that they had a history and I cannot seem to resist second chance romances. I loved learning what exactly happened when they were younger and enjoyed seeing that their connection was still strong. I thought that they had amazing chemistry together and I liked the way that they worked as a team. Audrey was a great character and I almost felt like her upbringing was worse than Nate's.

I thought that this book was pretty exciting. There was a fair amount of action and I was really worried about how things would work out at times. I liked the fact that both Audrey and Nate seemed to be willing to tackle whatever obstacle was thrown their way. It was really easy to cheer this pair on.

I thought that Karen White did a fantastic job with the narration. She handled all of the character voices very well and added a lot of excitement to the story. I found her voice to be very pleasant and found myself listening to the book for hours at a time. I think that her narration added to my overall enjoyment of the story.

I would recommend this book to fans of romantic suspense. This book had a wonderful blend of action and romance that kept me hooked until the very end. I cannot wait to start the next book in this series.

I received a digital review copy of this book from Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via NetGalley and purchased a copy of the audiobook. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Sep 18, 2020 |
I enjoyed seeing the continuation of this series, but I can't say I was able to escape into and engage in this book as much as the first two in the series. The plot felt a little looser, with pacing sometimes feeling off when it came to the non-romance element of the book, especially. It also, admittedly, began to feel repetitive of the first two books, so similar in structure that everything was just a little bit too predictable from chapter to chapter. I'm sure I'll finish out the series, but I'm not sure how anxious I'll be to pick up another series by the author after the way this one has progressed. There's nothing wrong with this book compared to the earlier ones--it's just too much more of the exact same without enough variation in either plot or character. Romance is, of course, often pretty predictable, but that's one of the reasons I like romantic suspense--there's more variation and more story to support the romance. But if you get the same plotting/story to support the same romance four books in a row, with variations on the same exact twists... well, it's all just a bit too predictable, no matter how likeable the characters may be. ( )
  whitewavedarling | Jun 29, 2020 |
The best thing I can say about this was it wasn't a s bad as I was expecting it to be. Infinitely more readable than Maya Bank's Forged in Steele I tried and failed to read a month ago, and along the same vein of story.

The characters are decent. The romance is nice, if rooted in the past so we didn't get to see the whole story. They go through some truly what the fuck things, but it wasn't detrimental to my enjoyment. I almost want to read the next one in the series. ( )
  keikii | Jan 23, 2020 |
Summary
Nate Dean is part of a military unit along with his brothers. The dean brothers were part of a government experiment to be genetically engineered soldiers. Each of them have an expiration date and time is running down for the brothers, unless they can find the right codes to deactivate the chip in their backs that will explode and kill them if they don't find the codes, and soon. Nate and his brothers are loyal 100% to each other and will fight and protect each other with every breath they take.

"I told you to stay in Montana, and I'd bring Audrey to you." What the hell were his brothers thinking? They couldn't be this close to the commander - not all three of them at once. It was too risky.
Matt shook out his wet black hair. "Oh. Is that what you meant by telling us to stay the fuck out of DC?"
"Yes." Exasperation filled Nate's head with static.
"Humph." Shane gingerly stepped back onto the rug. "We must've got that wrong. We thought you were in trouble and needed help." His lip lifted in a smart-ass grin. "Ooops."

Nate knows that he will have to reconnect with the woman that broke his heart five years ago. She is the one person that he will have o to trust again if he wants to get the information that he needs. Audrey Madison is shocked when she spies Nate across the ballroom while she is on her job. Audrey never stopped loving Nate, and he still takes her breath away. She knows how dangerous Nate is, but no one can know what she is really doing working with the senator. She has to keep up appearances or her plan to reveal the truth about the Commander and put him in jail where he belongs will be ruined, and Nate could ruin all that she has worked hard for. As Nate and Audrey rebuild a trust and a second chance, they will have to fight to be with each other and may lose their lives in the process.
The Hero
Nate Dean, was genetically enhanced and like his brothers have certain abilities the other enhanced soldiers never had. They have kept is a secret from the commander and Dr. Madison (Audrey's mother) because if they were to discover the real truth about the Dean brothers, then everything could be lost. Nate is protective of his brothers but tends to lose control over his emotions, most especially anger. Audrey was a woman he fell in love with and he still can't get her out of his head, despite the betrayal and how her actions hurt his family. Nate has dedicated himself to keeping his emotions locked away and fighting to keep himself and his brothers alive. What I loved most about this Dean brother, was how dedicated he is to his family. And there are times he is almost like a child and has those moments he never had as a child. He isn't ashamed of it either.

"We're going to watch a movie? I haven't seen the new Disney one. I love monsters that talk."
The commander glanced over his shoulder. "You're under the influence of potent truth-inducing drugs. You really do love Disney movies."
Nate tried to shrug. Disney movies rocked.

He is protective and loyal, has the perfect blend of sexiness and dangerous appeal. We really see how determined he is to survive and his strength mentally and physically and we see how he is tested in this story but never breaks...just becomes even more formidable.

He was an experiment created in a test tube, maybe without a soul, perhaps without any hope. But for a brief time, with this woman, he’d felt whole. Real. Good. Even if they just had the night, he wanted that feeling again. Before he sacrificed everything.

The Heroine
Audrey Madison never knew her father, and still doesn't know his true identity. For Audrey's mother, Audrey was just an experiment to see what pregnancy and rearing a child would be. Audrey has always wanted to create a bond with her mother, to find a connection and has always searched for it all of her life. Audrey, though she is an adult, still hasn't given up that there must be something redeemable in her mother. But Audrey also knows that her mother and the Commander have both manipulated her, and she ended hurting the one person she would never hurt. Audrey is a stunning heroine and my heart just broke for her. Especially when we learn how much pain she has gone through around the time she and Nate ended their relationship.

She'd given her heart to Nate years ago, but no future existed for them. She had this moment, and she wanted to experience every second, no matter how quickly it ended.

You see how driven she is to bring the Commander down, and she knows the danger that if he ever discovered she will be killed. Audrey is passionate, loves with her full heart and has quite the courage and spirit that comes out in this story.
Plot and Story Line
Blind Faith is a story I have been eager to read ever since the first book. We see hints of Nate's love for Audrey in the first book. So I was really excited to see these two come back together. In the previous two books, there were only hints about what really happened between these two five years previous, but we see how both Nate and Audrey were manipulated by the commander and Dr. Madison. These two are nutcases (quite literally) they are really perfect for each other because of how crazy they are in the name of science. But we really see how insane Audrey's mother is. One of the focuses of the story is the relationship between Dr. Madison and her daughter Audrey. Now in this book we see how split Audrey is from her determination to create a family bond with her mother and her love for Nate and his brothers. We see Nate's side of things, he doesn't understand Audrey, because her actions are becoming contradictory, and he means to discover her secrets and exactly what she is keeping from him. There is also another danger that rises up in this book, a fanatic cult that views the creations like the Dean brothers as "unholy" and must be destroyed and this aspect really stirs things up in this book. I liked the multiple sides of danger that Audrey and Nate have to learn to deal with in order to survive. The supporting characters were pretty great. We see more of the brothers and hints that their youngest brother is still alive, but they are unsure. Another character I really was charmed by was the Senator or as he likes to be called later "Grand-Pop". He is a widow and you see how he treats Audrey like a loving father would for his child. Audrey needs that because she has never had any kind of parental love, and she has always searched for it. There is also something else that happens to Audrey, thanks to her mother using her, that really adds a new twist. (I want to say what it is but would hate to reveal it for those who have never read this book). But those who have read Blind Faith probably know exactly what I am talking about. It binds Nate and Audrey in a certain way that cements the relationship they are been rebuilding. I love romances like this, because we see how much these two care for each and always have...but they were both used and love how they stuck with each other this second time and didn't let anything tear them apart.

“No way in hell am I letting you go this time.”

Blind Faith was such a fantastic book because the previous books led up to this one a bit, and every delicious moment kept me captivated.
The Cover
I absolutely adore this cover...I mean who wouldn't right? I love the green background, and the dangerous stance and boy is that man one gorgeous piece of yumminess.
Overall View

Blind Faith is a thrilling tale of a Dean brother, a story of passion, rekindling of a lost love, and fighting for what holds most dear and standing up for what is right no matter the cost. A quick paced edgy romance that will keep you coming back for more. EXHILARATING!!

She'd never trade the few moments of true happiness she found with him--not for anything. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 24, 2019 |
The Dean brothers, formerly the Gray brothers, are genetically engineered super soldiers who have escaped the evil masterminds who created them, and have been building a different life in a carefully maintained deep cover. Matt and Shane have found love, and the youngest of the four, Jory, didn't escape with them. They know he was shot; they don't know if he's dead.

This is Nathan's story.

It's also Audrey Madison's story.

Audrey is the daughter of the scientist who has played a major role in creating the genetically engineered soldiers for the commander of the black ops organization, and testing and training them as they grew. Nate and his brothers loathe the woman who made their childhoods a torment; Audrey understands what her mother has done and hates it, but clings to the irrational hope of a real relationship with her mother.

The plot here revolves around Nate's attempt to bring down the commander's operation after getting the information needed to disarm the self-destruct chips implanted in the brain stems of himself and his brothers. Audrey also wants to bring the commander down, but wants to protect her mother in the process.

The plot is fast-paced and interesting. Audrey and Nate are reasonably complex and interesting characters; the others are cardboard, varying from high-quality to really cheap, flimsy cardboard. This isn't a demanding read, but it has real potential as a fun beach read.

Mildly recommended.

I received a free electronic galley from the publisher via NetGalley. ( )
  LisCarey | Sep 19, 2018 |

Rebecca Zanettiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Crystal, ShannonCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,619,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible