Shadow Spell (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy)…

Shadow Spell (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy) (edition 2017)

by Nora Roberts (Author)

"With the legends and lore of Ireland running through his blood, falconer Connor O'Dwyer is proud to call County Mayo home. It's where his sister, Branna, lives and works, where his cousin, Iona, has found true love, and where his childhood friends form a circle that can't be broken... A circle that is about to be stretched out of shape--by a long-awaited kiss. Meara Quinn is Branna's best friend, a sister in all but blood. Her and Connor's paths cross almost daily, as Connor takes tourists on hawk walks and Meara guides them on horseback across the lush countryside. She has the eyes of a gypsy and the body of a goddess...things Connor has always taken for granted--until his brush with death propels them into a quick, hot tangle. Plenty of women have found their way to Connor's bed, but none to his heart until now. Frustratingly, Meara is okay with just the heat, afraid to lose herself--and their friendship--to something more. But soon, Connor will see the full force and fury of what runs in his blood. And he will need his family and friends around him, when his past rolls in like the fog, threatening an end to all he loves.."--… (more)
Member:Rhondadarlage1963
Title:Shadow Spell (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy)
Authors:Nora Roberts (Author)
Info:Berkley (2017), Edition: Reprint, 336 pages

Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts

Recently added byRennie80, private library, schraderame56

English (33)  Dutch (1)  All languages (34)
I love Ireland. I love the lore, the land and magick. When I came across this series, I was thrilled. Romance, adventure, magick, and all the love of the Emerald Isle...what more could you ask for? I started this series with audio and am reading the others on my kindle app. I am really enjoying this series, and will be sad to see it end. ( )
  jenvwebster | Jan 25, 2021 |
"A book set in a different country"

So far, I must say, this whole trilogy is not her best work. ( )
  expatb | Jun 8, 2020 |
Second in The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, this one focuses on falconer Connor O’Dwyer.

It is read by a male, who did well with the accent but I preferred the female reader a bit more. This one got me roughly from Southern Illinois to Madison and kept me company while I did some driving to and from town... ( )
  ker95tx | May 27, 2020 |

sigh

I carried on with this series because I'm generally a Finisher and the story concept is actually very good. The setting is perfect -- Ireland, complete with a castle, a falconry school and horses. There's a little witchy cottage with a garden and a shop that sells magical lotions and potions. ALL things that should, in theory, appeal.

BUT, I'm struggling to connect with any of these characters...and I'm not entirely sure why. I feel like the fantasy/paranormal/magical realism elements are merely a set-dressing for the ongoing romances...I'm going to make a wild prediction that the third book will tidily settle things between Branna and Fin. There's just so much more that I think could be done with the story, so much more potential but it never quite goes deep enough for me.

Anyway.

I have the third one on hold from the library and so will more than likely finish the series...clinging (perhaps vainly) to the hope that it'll all redeem itself in the end. Or, I'll continue to not give a rat's backside whether they sort it all out or not because their efforts are feeble and without genuine commitment and so deserve to spend the rest of their lives haunted by their malevolent nemesis. ;) ( )
  inkblotmoon | Feb 6, 2020 |
Falconer Connor O’Dwyer is part of a circle of friends and family battling an ancient evil that has stalked their family, one that dates back to 1263 when their ancestor Sorcha, the Dark Witch, did battle against the sorcerer Cabhan, whom she cursed and almost destroyed. One of Sorcha’s last acts was to imbue three copper bracelets with power and tie the horse, the hawk and the hound as protectors to her three children. Conner, his sister Branna and cousin Iona each inherited one of the amulets. But now Cabhan is stalking Connor's life-long friend Meara Quinn, seeking a weak link to break the circle of six. Meara and Connor’s paths cross almost daily, as Connor takes tourists on hawk walks and Meara guides them on horseback. That there is an attraction there is obvious to everyone but themselves. But when Connor has a brush with death the two are drawn more deeply to each other. Meara has issues with her father abandoning the family, and Connor has had many women in his life but no serious solid relationship. Cabhan stalking Meara is bringing out a deep rage in Connor which may effect the others. Great to be transported to mystical Ireland once again. ( )
  DebbieMcCauley | Sep 13, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

Voor mijn eigen cirkel,
familie en vrienden
Kringelende mistflarden stegen als dampende adem op van het water terwijl Eamon de kleine boot voortroeide.
Komende gebeurtenissen werpen hun
schaduw vooruit

THOMAS CAMPBELL
Het mooiste sieraad van een huis
vormen de vrienden die het bezoeken.

RALPH WALDO EMERSON
ISBN 1611291925 is for Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Holt

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,973,529 books! | Top bar: Always visible