Rudy: My Story by Rudy Ruettiger

Rudy: My Story (edition 2015)

by Rudy Ruettiger (Author)

241894,241 (4)None
Rudy became the inspiration for millions when a Hollywood film depicting his journey as a Notre Dame football player became one of the most influential sports movies ever made. In Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger's only autobiography, go behind the scenes to experience the heartache, triumph, and glory through Rudy's own eyes, and learn details of the ten years it took to get the movie made. For the first time, the real Rudy shares his story of floundering through school with undiagnosed dyslexia and finding himself mixed up with a rough and rowdy crowd. "Football was my salvation in high school," Rudy believes, and while he dreamed of playing for Notre Dame, he never believed he was smart enough to make it to the elite group of higher education. A poignant and high-energy storyteller, Rudy details failures and pitfalls along the way. He explains the persistence and determination it took to get accepted to Notre Dame, to suit up and play for twenty-seven glorious seconds, and to see the dream of his movie become a reality. Rudy is truly a real-life testament to the old adage that it is not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get up again. He will motivate you to discover your own dreams and to them with unrelenting faith that anything is possible.… (more)
Member:ledckelibrary
Title:Rudy: My Story
Authors:Rudy Ruettiger (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2015), Edition: Illustrated, 304 pages

Work Information

Rudy: My Story by Rudy Ruettiger

I honestly did not want to like this book. I thought it was either going to be self promotion or some sort of 'look at me, I'm Rudy' thing. In reality, it was a good read. Very fast. It provides a lot of background info on the movie of the same name. It also looks at some other achievements he had while at ND but were left out of the movie because his tackle against Ga Tech was not the only thing he ever did. If you liked the movie Rudy, the background info in this book alone makes it worth your time to read. ( )
  dirac | Feb 20, 2013 |

Ruettiger, Rudyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dagostino, Markmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,543,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible