Assassin's Creed: Black Flag by Oliver…

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (2013)

by Oliver Bowden

oh boy

1) Edward, this is not an appropriate story to tell to a child

2) trust me to fall in love with a character who barely even appears

3) Edward's story is way too tragic in so many ways and this book makes me sad, and it's not fair that she had to die for him to realise her words

4) they were in love, damnit! they were in love and they should have been Assassins together forever!

5) having quests in the game written down like this was a weird experience but I love it ( )
  runtimeregan | Jun 12, 2019 |
Descrizione
All'inizio del Settecento, nell'età dell'oro della pirateria, il Nuovo Mondo è una meta irresistibile per tutti. Per Edward Kenway - l'esuberante, giovane figlio di un mercante di lana che desidera con tutte le sue forze diventare molto ricco - rappresenta il coronamento di un sogno. Quello di conquistare la gloria in una vita avventurosa, solcando gli oceani su inaffondabili velieri. Il momento per andare incontro al suo destino, lasciandosi alle spalle un'esistenza troppo banale, arriva quando la tenuta della sua famiglia è attaccata da misteriosi nemici. Non passerà molto tempo prima che Kenway diventi uno dei più terribili corsari dei suoi tempi, una vera leggenda al pari del pirata Barbanera. Ma il successo, la fama e il potere risvegliano sempre avidità, ambizione e malvagità. Anche Kenway, allora, deve fare i conti con una viscida congiura ai suoi danni e, una volta ottenute le prove schiaccianti sui traditori che minacciano tutto ciò che gli è caro, non ha scelta. I colpevoli devono essere puniti. Per questo viene trascinato nella guerra che da secoli fa scorrere il sangue tra Assassini e Templari, e che potrebbe distruggere tutto ciò che i pirati hanno costruito. ( )
  epyon | Feb 17, 2018 |
I guess I would have had a better opinion of this book if Forsaken had actually been written and released after it. I found it tedious to go back in time to read about Edward Kenway's escapades after enjoying to life of his descendants'. Because I already knew that he would be betrayed by Templars years after Black Flag ended, I had no real interest in reading about anything that he accomplished. There were other characters like James Kidd, Anne Bonney, and the few true assassins mentioned in the book that were actually interesting, but overall, I had to drag myself through the story from start to finish. As usual, the combat scenes were amazingly written and the plot was well done, but I just could not bring myself to really care about Edward Kenway. ( )
  AlphaHikar | Sep 8, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425262960, Mass Market Paperback)

It’s the Golden Age of Piracy—a time when greed, ambition and corruption overcome all loyalties—and a brash young captain, Edward Kenway, is making his name known for being one of the greatest pirates of his time.

In the brilliant new novel, Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag, discover the story of how Edward, a young privateer, became one of the world's most deadly pirates and was drawn into the centuries-old battle between the Templars and the Assassins.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:37 -0400)

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is the sixth title in Oliver Bowden's phenomenally successful Assassin's Creed videogame tie - in series. It's the Golden Age of Piracy - a time when greed, ambition and corruption overcome all loyalties - and a brash young captain, Edward Kenway, is making his name known for being one of the greatest pirates of his day. In the brilliant new novel, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, discover the story of how Edward, a young privateer, became one of the world's most deadly pirates and was drawn into the centuries-old battle between the Templars and the Assassins. The immersive story of the Assassins is continued in Oliver Bowden's gripping sixth Assassin's Creed novel, following Renaissance, Brotherhood, The Secret Crusade, Revelations and Forsaken. Oliver Bowden is the pen-name of an acclaimed novelist.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,463,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible