Undivided by Neal Shusterman

Undivided (2014)

by Neal Shusterman

Series: Unwind (4)

Three teens band together in order to sway the government to repeal all rulings in support of a procedure in which unwanted teenagers are captured and are unwound into parts that can be reused for transplantation.

This is the 4th book in the Unwind “dystology” (I was also going to say final book, but it looks like there are some short stories added on in an additional book). Cam, Lev, and Risa (and others) are all continuing to fight to stop unwinding; different people have different ideas about how to best fight it.

I really liked this last book in the series. There is a nice little intro to explain who some of the major players and companies are, and it includes general terminology, as well. Because I go so long in between reading books in a series, I also looked back at my summaries from the other books, which was helpful. I did have trouble remembering characters in the 3rd book, but I was able to catch on quicker and remember much better in this one. I still like the way the little “advertisements” are done in this series. I thought this one was quite exciting, though there were some tough happenings. Really good ending. ( )
  LibraryCin | Mar 11, 2019 |
This is the best YA series I've read. I'm sad to have come to the end, but not disappointed in the ending. ( )
  3njennn | Nov 25, 2018 |
I liked this final installment for the most part, but it felt a little dragged out at the end. Like, I kept expecting it to be done and it just kept going. Shusterman does a good job tying up all of the loose story lines, but once they're tied up, things keep happening? I read this all in one night, but mostly because I desperately wanted to see a world where the population finally came to their senses and stopped letting this happen. Did it end on an element of hope? I guess you'll have to read it to find out.

Check out more at between-the-shelves.com! ( )
  Amanda7 | Oct 12, 2018 |
a great book to finish off a great series. definitely going to have a book hangover after this one. i couldn't put it down! Neal Shusterman did an AMAZING job with this series, by far THE best series i've read in a while. The character development and the emotional state and empathy you feel for even the villains is just staggering. A definite recommendation to anyone who wants to read a great YA dystopian series. I picked up unwind at the library because it seemed like an interesting book and it left me thirsting for more! such a great conclusion and just overall wonderful series to read :) ( )
  jdifelice | Jan 20, 2018 |
It's over. Actually there is another book full of short stories coming after this one as a kind of epilogue if I'm getting my facts straight. But for all intents and purposes, this is the end of the Unwind series. This dystopia is like nothing I've read before. It's forever going to be in my head. I love talking to people about this book I've been reading because their faces and expressions show just how horrifying it sounds. And to actually read it, is a whole other experience. I wasn't too thrilled about the second book, so it's taken me a while to get through this series, but now that I have I can't believe this series is not more popular. it is a lesson in morality. It's a lesson in how far we allow things to go, all by not doing anything. It's a lesson in a million other things. Seriously, I am never going to be able to forget this story of a horrifying possibility. ( )
  Kassilem | Sep 5, 2016 |
For my editor and friend, David Gale
1. AWOL. A tranq tears past his head so close that his earlobe is skinned from the friction.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,776,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible