Clumsy Love: Volume 01: 2009 to 2011

by Mike Gray

1None7,023,547 (4)2
The Complete Clumsy Love by Mike Gray Volume 01: 2009 to 2011144 pages featuring an astounding 450 strips and including 15 pages of early artwork (including unused gags, early character designs, etc) detailing the origin of the strip and revealing some of my working process. (8.5 x 11, B&W with full color cover) ."Mike is a cartoonist. Melissa is his wife and keeps him alive. They have two cats named Mariah and Kiki, who Mike has trouble distinguishing from humans. This volume chronicles their love in a heart-felt, mortifying way. It also chronicles the arrival of a destabilizing force in their idyllic existence: Olivia, their newborn daughter..." Bryan Richmond 6/2012From the foreword by Doug Gray "What you hold in your hands in not a mere collection of corny jokes and folksy drawings. It is an important historical document. Throughout these pages of snippets of what is, sadly, an actual person's life, we are witness to a metamorphosis. We watch transfixed as the modern entity known as the Man-Boy attempts to shed the trappings of youth, and ascend to ever-elusive Adulthood. It is a fascinating study! It is for this reason that I believe this book will provide valuable insight to the social anthropologists of the future. When we first meet our protagonist ("Mike"), he is living the ultimate Man-Boy fantasy life: implausibly married to a Real Girl ("Melissa"), he inhabits a home filled to capacity with toys and comic books, works in a field that ensures free admission to comic book conventions, and owns pets that serve as low maintenance Substitute Babies. This is the Status Quo for many years. However, this particular Bubble ruptures unexpectedly, with the addition of an Actual Baby ("Olivia") to the equation. The sudden, deep philosophical change from "All Night Party" to "Please, Baby, Let Us Sleep" is drastic; Hilarity ensues!Mike is my little brother. I have watched his progress through these last two years with great admiration, and a little envy. Honestly, I don't know if I could raise a baby and still find so many funny things to say. But these are funny strips, and there is truth behind them. Probably the biggest truth being the obvious love Mike has for the little girl who burst his Bubble."Doug Gray San Francisco 6/12… (more)
Recently added byedgewood

No reviews

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,207,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible