Healing Oils Of The Bible by David Stewart

Healing Oils Of The Bible

by David Stewart

Healing vs. the Practice of Medicine.

As an aromatherapist who is deeply rooted in my walk with Christ, I know that God spoke life into plants and that He created them for us, dear ones. Isn't that amazing?! It is because of this that I know that everything that I need to heal myself and my family is available to me. It's available to you too. This core belief is what drew me to Healing Oils of the Bible, and it is what had me quite taken with the book at the start of the book.

You see, I believe that there is a proper order when seeking healing. First I believe in prayer, the single most powerful tool that we have. Through prayer alone we can be healed, but there are times when we need to use the tools that God has so freely given to us, which is why I believe in herbal medicine second. While some folks lean towards the phrase "God helps those who help themselves", one of the most used non passage phrases, others believe that they need do nothing and God will take care of everything if you just believe. I am somewhere right in the middle of those two groups of people. I believe with my whole heart that GOD HELPS THOSE WHO CANT HELP THEMSELVES, but He doesn't always right things without involving us in a solution. He often helps us by giving us the tools. Lastly, I am not anti-modern medicine if need be.

This is why I loved the concept of Healing Oils of the Bible and initially considered teaching a class. The beginning was like someone had written a book on the very core beliefs that I have regarding herbalism and aromatherapy. But... Later, I started to feel much differently about the book, because another core belief that I have about the resources that God has given us is that they belong to each of us freely and a true healer wants to share what he/she knows so that the word can spread, so that others can be healed, and so that it isn't lost through the generations. To me, when used in God's order, herbalism is a ministry.

Author, David Stewart, and I see things differently in this regard I think, as later the book talks about getting people to teach classes on the premise of his book, but with a hook, he endorses only one company, and pushes their patented blends.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

BECAUSE HE PROFITS! David Stewart, PhD is tied to Young Living a hundred ways to Sunday. He is a paid speaker for them, and him and his wife are the founders of the Center for Aromatherapy Research and Education, which is not a true organization like the Aromatherapy Institute, but instead a group that promotes Young Living and their Raindrop Therapy, a very dangerous practice. ( )
  StephLaymon | Aug 12, 2018 |
This is an excellent book showing the different Bible passages as to which oils they used during the times, which oils have stood the test of time, aromatherapy and how to use it to the best abilities. Using oils as medicines, annointing, healing, and oils we can use today to treat ourselves and others. The only down side of this book is a lot of the oils used in it are very expensive to buy, ( )
  lauriehere | Nov 19, 2010 |

Considered cure-alls by Biblical people, healing by prayer and anointment with oils as practiced by Jesus' disciples and early Christians is made practical for us today in this book. Based on both science and scripture.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,674,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible