Splat the Cat: Blow, Snow, Blow

by Rob Scotton

Series: Splat the Cat (9)

Looking forward to having fun in the snow with his friends, Splat the Cat decides he cannot wait for the snow to start falling and takes matters into his own paws with hilarious results, in a story complemented by skill-building phonics components.

Splat the cat eagerly awaits the snowfall, not being patient, he decides to try to grow his own. When that fails, he attempts to imagine the snow. When there isn't enough snow, he attempts to play as if there is. When none of this works, the snow starts to fall in huge amounts. At that time, Splat is happy.

This book was a rhyming early reader, which I didn't expect. The storyline was a little odd. I felt like there were too many events for a book for children trying to learn comprehension. I think the theme of the book was patience. Splat just needed to be patient, as the snow was on its way. I thought the book was oddly long too, because I had just read the Pete the Cat early reader. I would recommend this book for kindergarteners who are learning how to read. It is a fun winter book. I liked that there was a message in there though, as that's hard to add into such small books.
  ahle | Dec 4, 2016 |
Splat and his friend Seymour are anxious for the snow to come, and when it doesn't come soon enough, Splat takes matters into his own paws.

A cute story about waiting for something to happen, but as the old song says, "The waiting's the hardest part." This is true for any child, and Splat is no exception.

The simple rhyming words in a conversational tone are a little awkward to read, but great to teach sound recognition, and while the lines are not lyrical or in verse form, this brought my little one to attention, and she was softly repeating the recurring words by the time I was done.

Not one of my favorites, but a great book, none-the-less. ( )
  Ermina | Feb 25, 2016 |
This is a fun and silly story about a cat who wants it to snow so he can make a snow cat. Splat the cat tries to make snow with ice cubes, feathers, and a fan. He dresses for the snow hopping to his snow suit and sled would bring the storm. The snow came slowly and all evening they stayed cozy in side as a family. The next morning Splat goes outside in the deep snow and makes his snow cat. ( )
  azlanshae | May 29, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

I Can Read (Level 1)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,382,131 books! | Top bar: Always visible