Wrapped in Red: Thirteen Tales of Vampiric…
512,479,949 (3)None
Thirteen crimson concoctions sure to tempt your teeth, from the ancient to the modern, from the Carpathian Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean to the Wild West, you are sure to find your... type - Wrapped In Red.13 Authors.13 Stories.Unlimited Vampire Nightmares.
Member:tipmyhat
Title:Wrapped in Red: Thirteen Tales of Vampiric Horror (Volume 1)
Authors:Patrick C. Greene
Other authors:Billie Sue Mosiman, Michael G. Williams, Chantal Noordeloos, Mark Parker, Justine Dimabayao8 more, Bryan W. Alaspa, Sarah I. Sellers, Michael David Matula, Suzi M, Brian D. Mazur, Maynard Blackoak, Domyelle Rhyse, Jennifer L. Greene (Editor)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2013), Paperback, 192 pages

Wrapped in Red: Thirteen Tales of Vampiric Horror by Patrick C. Greene

This is a good little collection of vampire tales. I can easily envision it as it as a weekly half-hour horror show à la Night Gallery only hosted by Vincent Price instead of Rod Serling.

Three stories are of special note. Suzi M.'s "Blood in the Water" is a rich new take on vintage Western myth and literary culture. I'd love to see this writer produce more work with the character of Lilith. I was also entertained by "My Boss is a Vampire" by David Matula, which was easily the most amusing of the collection. I was charmed and delighted by the ending and I just adore the character of Cameron. My hands-down favorite, however, was "Daddy Used to Drink Too Much" by Michael G. Williams. The Appalachian voice rings true in this one, and it has a dark beauty which I love. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Mar 6, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,250,184 books! | Top bar: Always visible