Grave Robbers by James Ward Kirk

Grave Robbers (edition 2013)

by James Ward Kirk, James Ward Kirk (Editor), Paul Chapman (Cover Design), James S. Dorr (Contributor), Mike Jansen (Contributor)16 more, Timothy Frazier (Contributor), Murphy Edwards (Contributor), Jaime Johnesee (Contributor), Chantal Noordeloos (Contributor), Rick McQuiston (Contributor), Allen Griffen (Contributor), Randall Rohn (Contributor), Greg McWhorter (Contributor), Bruce L. Priddy (Contributor), Brian Rosenberger (Contributor), David S. Pointer (Contributor), Matthew Wilson (Contributor), A. D. Moore (Contributor), Jonathan D. Nichols (Contributor), Michael Shimek (Contributor), P. Keith Boran (Contributor)

214,431,348 (4)None
Member:tipmyhat
Title:Grave Robbers
Authors:James Ward Kirk
Other authors:James Ward Kirk (Editor), Paul Chapman (Cover Design), James S. Dorr (Contributor), Mike Jansen (Contributor), Timothy Frazier (Contributor)15 more, Murphy Edwards (Contributor), Jaime Johnesee (Contributor), Chantal Noordeloos (Contributor), Rick McQuiston (Contributor), Allen Griffen (Contributor), Randall Rohn (Contributor), Greg McWhorter (Contributor), Bruce L. Priddy (Contributor), Brian Rosenberger (Contributor), David S. Pointer (Contributor), Matthew Wilson (Contributor), A. D. Moore (Contributor), Jonathan D. Nichols (Contributor), Michael Shimek (Contributor), P. Keith Boran (Contributor)
Info:James Ward Kirk Publishing (2013), Paperback, 274 pages

Grave Robbers by James Ward Kirk

Recently added bymeznir, tipmyhat

No tags

OK, disclaimer first: I wrote two pieces in this anthology.

I recently reviewed the 'Hell' anthology by the same publisher, JWKfiction, and the format is nice and recognizable. The paperback is neatly done, the cover by Paul Chapman is spooky and really captures the atmosphere of the stories in the book.

Poetry usually doesn't hold my interest, but the piece called 'The Resurrection Man' by James S. Dorr was quite interesting. In the flash fiction department I most liked 'Buried Beast' by Matthew Wilson, which had a nice Mythos feeling to it. The short story section takes up around 60 percent of the book and it contains a variety of grave robber stories, with many different takes on the theme. Overall the quality of the stories is reasonable to good, with three stories that really stood out for me personally. Not in any particular order, I really liked Sean T. Page's 'The Marsh People', which shows us a well researched 19th century England that holds many ancient secrets. I recently reviewed Sean's 'The Black Caliphate', which showed the same level of attention to historical and geographical detail. Another favorite from this anthology is 'Angel's Grave' by Chantal Noordeloos, a ghastly tale of things that go 'bump' inside the coffin. The last tale of the anthology belongs to Timothy Frasier and is called 'Necrofreaks' and it is freaky and a worthy conclusion of this anthology.

The editor, James Ward Kirk, has created yet another great collection of poetry and prose around an interesting theme. Here's hoping he will continue the good work.

meznir | Jan 8, 2020 |

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,199,636 books! | Top bar: Always visible