Promethean: The Created

by Carl Bowen

Series: Promethean: The Created (Core book), World of Darkness (PtC)

"For use with the World of darkness rulebook"--P. [4] of cover.

English (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (3)
I think this is one of those sourcebooks that everyone reads, but nobody actually plays. I was impressed that they were able to eek out 5 'tribes' of Frankensteins for this splat and tie them to alchemy and both the real-world and in-world mythologies so well. Haven't had a chance to play it, obviously, but it doesn't seem too terribly unbalanced (unlike some splats in oWoD and nWoD I will refrain from mentioning), and has tons of hooks for player drama (in the good way). The sourcebook is also tasteful - it doesn't use traumatic events like rape as a bludgeon for storytelling and shies away from edginess. I really appreciated how this was a WoD take on hopefulness, with all the tragedy and wistfulness and sorrow that one would expect.

I'd love to write a short story/novella for a nuclear Promethean someday. Its easy to come away from this book with more than a little inspiration. ( )
  kaitlynn_g | Dec 13, 2020 |
One of the weakest products ever released by White Wolf. The characters are various unliving beings, given animation and sentience by some vague plot device, and have a culture and traditions despite being unable to live together, or reside in any location for any reasonable length of time. The goal is to gain full life, lose all your powers and abilities, and (given this is White Wolf) die in wretchedness and obscurity. ( )
  BruceCoulson | Jan 22, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

"For use with the World of darkness rulebook"--P. [4] of cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,553,589 books! | Top bar: Always visible