The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered) by A. G.…

The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered) (edition 2013)

by A. G. Howard (Author)

Series: Splintered

An original ebook-only novella in the Splintered series from the point of view of fan-favorite character, Jeb.
Member:aburger222
Title:The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered)
Authors:A. G. Howard (Author)
Info:Amulet Books (2013), 40 pages

The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered, #1.5) by A. G. Howard

It was rather disappointing, compared to the first book. It was all about romance, and it's just not my type... Too cheesy ( )
  Catherine_GV | Jun 20, 2019 |
This novella is the hold over for between books 1 & 2 (obviously since it's labeled 1.5), and is intriguing. I like getting parts of a story from different perspectives and getting inside Morpheus' head was fantastic. I loved his character in Splintered, and I will say it again - I hope he wins. Morpheus wishes to know more about his competition in order to win Alyssa's heart. So, he works his magic to get inside of Jeb's head. He walks the path of a mortals thoughts and gives their side of the story as they size each other up.

I wasn't impressed with Jeb in Splintered, and I am decidedly more against him now. The novella served the purpose of almost making him seem like an exist-able character, but overall it didn't work for me. Even with Morpheus seeming semi-crazy, I want him to win. ( )
  jessica_reads | Mar 24, 2015 |
It had been a while since I had read Splintered, and I have not read Unhinged yet, but really wanted to read this one today.

I really loved Splintered and have anxiously been wanting to read Unhinged, but I have not had a chance yet.

This glimpse inside Morpheus' sick little mind only made me dislike him even more.

Morpheus is the character you love to hate. I am hoping that something will redeem his qualities before the end of the series, but I just am not sure how he will pull it off.

When Jeb finally formulated a plan with Gossamer, I wanted to cry.

Now, I have to find the time to read Unhinged and Ensnared. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

When Jeb finally formulated a plan with Gossamer, I wanted to cry.

Now, I have to find the time to read Unhinged and Ensnared. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
This series is kind of addicting (addictive?). It’s been a long, rough week and I’m questioning basic grammar now. I figured I should read and review The Moth in the Mirror before moving on to Unhinged. I’m taking it slow, so as not to burn myself out.

First things first, Morpheus was nowhere near my favorite character in Splintered. He seemed a bit shady, plus it drove me nuts that I wasn’t quite sure of his exact motivations. The Moth in the Mirror gives you a little more insight in my buddy. It also gives you insight into Jeb and his feelings for Alyssa. I was all for that. I’m still currently on Team Jeb here.

I enjoyed seeing Morpheus’ reaction to Jeb’s feelings and how much he loves Alyssa, but I’m still not exactly a fan. He’s still too selfish. If he really loved her, he’d want her to be happy. Even if it was with Jeb. That came across as a little rant-like, but I’m really not a fan of love triangles. They make me mad because the person almost always chooses the one I don’t like (that may be saying something about me).

Overall, The Moth in the Mirror was an interesting and quick read. It’s not essential reading within the series, but if you like the series then you’ll more than likely (I’d say 99% chance) enjoy reading The Moth in the Mirror and seeing more of Morpheus and Jeb.

For more reviews, check out http://reviewsinapinch.com/ today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | Feb 6, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,670,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible