Rock Chick Revenge

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Rock Chick (5)

Ava Barlow hates men. She has reason and she's vowed not only never to get involved with another one again, but also to exact vengeance on her best friend's lying, cheating, rat-bastard husband. Since Luke Stark, Ava's childhood crush, is now a badass mother, she thinks to enlist him, but changes her mind at the last second. Too late. Luke knows she's up to something and he's already seen many a Rock Chick try to fight her own battles without the Hot Bunch stepping in. He's having none of it. She's having none of him. The clash of the Rock Chick and Hot Guy begins, but Luke's got the advantage. He has handcuffs and he's not afraid to use them.… (more)

My favorite in the series! Funny, strong characters, the Rock Chick Family is growing! ( )
  Cookie1975 | Feb 17, 2021 |
From the prior books I fell in love with Luke Stark. Other than Lee Nightingale he's the supreme badass in the Hot Bunch gang, to me anyway.

When he was a youngster he had a neighbor, Ava, who had a neglectful mother and two bitches for sisters. She was the chubby, smart one while they were the Bombshell Barlow sisters, they had the looks and attitudes. But Luke had a soft spot for Ava, she was smart and could make him laugh when no one else would even dare talk to him.

Jump forward a few years. We know Luke is a badass and now Ava had "remade" herself. You know the whole....someone finally said one thing too many and I am going to show them kind of situation. And yes, even though she's a knock out now all those "Fatty Fatty Four Eyes" insecurities still have their hooks in her.

They had some good chats and one liners, Good Ava and Bad Ava having their debates could be amusing. Action and drama Ava is kidnapped and molested by her ex-pro scammer boyfriend. I give props to KA for handling this in a truthful if somewhat uncomfortable way. Luke's anger this happened. Ava being "okay" until it hits her. It can be devastating when the shock wears off and what has happened enters your reality. as usual for this group. Our favorite characters from books past were there....but.....I can't explain other than I wanted more for him. I get that even back when they were kids she loved him and he knew she was special but...I just have this funny after taste with this book.

Maybe a second reading in a few months will bring a different view of the book but for right now... it was good.
  ChachaJ | Feb 1, 2021 |
Luke and Ava.
This is a second chance romance. Luke knew Ava when they were younger, living near each other and they lost touch and at the end of the last book in the series she turned up at Lee's offices.
Some parts of this story are really funny, mainly because Ava is nuts.
There are plenty of appearances from previous Rock Chicks and their men, plus Shirleen. We are also introduced to Ren, who will appear in later books and crosses over to Breathe.

Luke is someone who readers have a mixed opinion of. He is harsher than the others and does some things that readers were not all together happy about.... Sandragate(?). There is no cheating, Luke as the other Rock Chick gang men are all devoted to their one but there are some scenes that make it hard to like him at times.
That said he is also completely devoted and once he understands the depth of Ava's messed up head space he is amazing to her.

🍪🍪🍪

💞💋💕

izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
4.6 stars

Sweet lord. Does Luke have a mouth on him... He had me swooning. This series keeps getting better and better. The crazy antics of the rock chicks is truly some of the best stuff out there. Even though all the men are OTT they still have their hands full reigning in these ladies. ( )
  MagicalRi | Dec 22, 2019 |
I loved Luke & the idea of them knowing each other forever. I HATED the inner monologue of “good Ava” & “bad Ava”. Drove me NUTS! Even more than Jules’ “emotional Rottweiler”. Blech! Cliche and overdone. It was almost constant.

Also, none of the “chicks” are nearly as funny as Indy. If it weren’t for Daisy and Shirleen, this would’ve fallen pretty flat.

Lastly, I’m not a fan of the stash. The repetitive reminders of Luke’s facial hair just grossed me out. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |

Ashley, Kristenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jones, SusannahNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,257,068 books! | Top bar: Always visible