dismiss

Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories by Dr.…

Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories (1958)

by Dr. Seuss

Includes three humorous stories in verse: Yertle the Turtle, Gertrude McFuzz, and The Big Brag.
    Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: Same theme, although Suess' work is far superior

sassy and fun book great with ryhming and creativity. ( )
  CourtneyRay | Apr 20, 2020 |
A few too many Yertles in the world if you ask me. ( )
  parloteo | Dec 21, 2019 |
I have always liked Dr. Seuss because I love books that rhyme. I like the sarcasm and attitude in the book. It made the book very funny. I also read this one to my little siblings and they enjoyed it at first but got kind of bored of it. I, on the other hand, thought that this book was great. It has multiple Dr. Seuss stories in this one book. I think Dr. Seuss is very different and the rhyming gives kids a new way to speak. ( )
  hdavis1 | Oct 17, 2019 |
  NMiller22 | Jul 23, 2019 |
Yertle, king of the pond, stands on other turtles in an attempt to reach higher than the moon! But, the bottom turtle burps and he falls into the mud.

I found this book to be quite deep for being a Dr. Seuss book. Yertle is quite tyrannical in my view! He is very greedy and eventually falls from the top when the bottom turtle burps. Maybe children won't understand this--but I like that behind the silly poetry there are deep messages! ( )
  KailiMarion | Dec 9, 2018 |
This book is for The Bartletts of Norwich, Vt. and for The Sagmasters of Cincinnati, Ohio
On the far-away Island of Sala-ma-Sond,
Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond.

Contains: Yertle the turtle -- Gertrude McFuzz -- The big brag

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,527,294 books! | Top bar: Always visible