Most Likely to Succeed (The Superlatives) by…

Most Likely to Succeed (The Superlatives)

by Jennifer Echols

Kaye Gordon has always had her life planned out. She's going to graduate with a high GPA, take finance at Columbia University, and marry her high school sweetheart, Aiden. But lately she's begun questioning her own plans. Especially since she's learned that the senior class superlatives votes were miscounted and instead of being elected Most Likely to Succeed, she actually won Perfect Couple That Never Was with Sawyer DeLuca, the class screwball. Now she's looking at Sawyer differently but if she changes the plan, what will everyone else in her life think?

This final book in the Superlatives trilogy was just as enjoyable as the previous two novels. Kaye is wonderful protagonist and I enjoyed every second with her. The groundwork for the relationship between Kaye and Sawyer has been laid since the first book in the series and I was pleased to see it pay off so well. Also, the snippets we get of the relationships between the two previous protagonists are a delight. An excellent read and a great diversity in YA book as well. ( )
  MickyFine | Sep 20, 2015 |
If you read my short review for Perfect Couple, the second book in the Superlatives series, then you know that I have been waiting for Most Likely to Succeed because I have been crushing on Sawyer and I wanted him to have his own story and eeeeek! I liked it so much!

We know from the previous books that Sawyer is the clown and the one who gets around with girls, if you get my drift here. What we got to read in this book was how vulnerable and how real he truly is as a person and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel for him throughout the book. I want to hug him and tell him that things will get better for him because I don’t want him sad! He is much more than people at school give him credit for—he’s very school smart! I think Kaye brought out the Sawyer that wants to have a better future. He wants to be good enough for her and we all know that Kaye is thriving to have good grades to go to Columbia.

The thing with Kaye is that she has this awful boyfriend *shudders* and I can’t comprehend why she stayed with him for so long. Seriously, this guy puts her down all the time and ugh, I don’t like him. Point is that Kaye would get ordered around a lot by her boyfriend and by her mom, a whole lot more than a teen should. I felt for her but was also frustrated with her because she wouldn’t stick up for herself as much as she should have but Sawyer would be there for her and he loved her curls a lot, which in my opinion is points in favor for this guy.

In this final installment, we get to see all of the amazing characters from the previous books, which I must admit I will miss, but not as much as Sawyer. I will miss his character a lot! I missed his funny character a bit in this book. I wish there had been a balance between his vulnerable side and his funny side but I still enjoyed the book! This was a great ending to a great series and I hope you guys enjoy this one as much as I did :) ( )
  GenGenBookBlog | Jul 31, 2015 |

"Sawyer and Kaye fall in love despite hating each other"--

Jennifer Echols is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,839,482 books! | Top bar: Always visible