Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia

Dangerous Creatures (2014)

by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

Read my full review of the book here! Spoiler Free!

Dangerous Creatures has an entirely different feel to it than Beautiful Creatures--which makes sense because Link and Ridley are no Ethan and Lena. It's traded the slower, gothic feel for the upbeat, modern feel of New York--but I'm not sure how I feel about that. It definitely took some getting used to but I eventually got into the swing of things. Just don't go in expecting a carbon copy of Beautiful Creatures when you read this book. Unlike Beautiful Creatures, Dangerous Creatures lacks a mystery from the past. I suppose that there is a bit of one but I find it isn't as powerful as it was in Beautiful Creatures. And because it isn't as powerful, I felt like the plot was the bare minimum needed to move the novel along.

I recommend reading Dangerous Dream before Dangerous Creatures just to bridge the gap between the series though it isn't necessary because what happens in the novella is reiterated in Dangerous Creatures.

Overall: Fans of Beautiful Creatures will love that Link and Ridley finally get their own story. However, it has a completely different plot line and feel that may take some getting use to. Honestly, this book was a bit of a disappointment but I'm not giving up hope because where this book appears to be going has captured my attention!

seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
YAY! Finally there's a trilogy about my OTP. The chapter titles put a smile on my face because theyre all some good classic rock songs. Even if the main characters are my favourite ones, i still think the "Beautiful Creatures" plot is better. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |
”When it came right down to it, that was what Sirens were—pretty songbirds with nightmares for nests. Creatures with wings that still never manages to fly free. They sabotaged themselves too often for that. Talons for nails—so sharp they could draw blood, so fast you’d never even know you were bleeding. Even when, half the time, the blood was their own.”

I put off reading this because I was pretty disappointed by the Beautiful Creatures series, but this was so much better. I should’ve known it would be since Link and Ridley were always the best characters, but it was more than that too. The writing is better done, and without most of the story coming from mopey Ethan, it works so much better. The dark side of the caster world is definitely worth reading about. ( )
  lunaloretta | Oct 2, 2017 |
I have never eye-rolled so hard at a book. I have never been more annoyed by the writing, dialogue, characters, and (lack of) development. I have never been so thoroughly appalled by a book's ability to create a love triangle for no reason, then attempt to get me to believe it through the (does it even exist?) plot. I had zero expectations for this book, so it could only get better, right? Wow, wow. ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed

A new series returns to the world of Beautiful Creatures. Some loves are cursed...others are dangerous.

Ridley Duchannes will be the first to tell you that she's a bad girl. She's Dark. She's a Siren. You can never trust her, or even yourself when she's around. Lucky for her, Wesley "Link" Lincoln can never seem to remember that; quarter Incubus or not, his heart is Mortal when it comes to Ridley. When Link heads to New York City to start a music career, Ridley goes along for the ride-and she has her own reasons. As if leaving small-town Gatlin for the big city, trying to form a band, and surviving life with a partially reformed Siren isn't hard enough already, Link soon learns he has a price on his head that no Caster or Mortal can ever pay.

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, the #1 New York Times bestselling coauthors of Beautiful Creatures, are back and casting another magical spell. Their signature mixture of mystery, suspense, and romance, along with a dash of fun and danger, will pull fans in and leave them begging for more.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:32 -0400)

"Siren Ridley and her rocker boyfriend Link move to New York City to make it big with their supernatural band mates in Sirensong, but Caster trouble follows them"--

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,111,176 books! | Top bar: Always visible