Poem-mobiles: Crazy Car Poems by J. Patrick…

Poem-mobiles: Crazy Car Poems (edition 2020)

by J. Patrick Lewis (Author)

Presents thirteen poems about wacky, imaginative cars, including the "Sloppy-Floppy-Nonstop-Jalopy," the "Bathtub Limousine," and the "High Heel Car."
Member:BASALibrary
Title:Poem-mobiles: Crazy Car Poems
Authors:J. Patrick Lewis (Author)
Info:Dragonfly Books (2020), Edition: Reprint, 40 pages
Collections:Teacher Library - Supplies Closet Hallway

Poem-mobiles: Crazy Car Poems by J. Patrick Lewis

This books is mostly poem based and has a lot of wacky and fun ideas to explain to kids.
  avianuhhh | Jun 5, 2017 |
I encourage this book to be read in a classroom to kindergarten- 3rd grade.
This book keeps you on your toes explaining life objects as cars and how they work in normal societies. ( )
  hillard | Mar 23, 2017 |
Poem-Mobiles is a poetry picture book. I loved this book for three main reasons. The first, the illustrations were vivd and imaginative. They caught my attention right away and drew me in to continue reading more and more. On the introductions page, there is a table of context with the image of the car and its respective name. It would let the reader go to whatever page they found the most interesting. Next, the poems themselves were perfect for the book each had its own square and typewriter font. This helps the reader immensely. Because the images are so vivid and exciting, the poem itself has to be calm and simple. Which is exactly what the author did. This leads me to my third, the poems are what any child would think of, rhyming pattern. On page 14 there is prime example; the last word of each stanza rhymes with the following in sets of two. It first goes hip/ clip then pen/den. This reinforcing repetition and rhyme into a child. The main idea of this book is to bring about imagination and creativity for children in new ways of looking at cars. ( )
  ndelac2 | Mar 1, 2016 |
Poem-mobiles: Crazy Car Poems is a picture book of thirteen very inventive poems about cars. These are not just any cars. They each have unique names like there's the "Sloppy-Floppy-Nonstop-Jalopy" ("So unique there is no copy). Each of these poems filled with colorful illustrations will not only awaken their imaginations , but will open them up to a whole new concept about cars. ( )
  NatalieMarshall | Nov 18, 2015 |
this book is about cars obviously. Its More of a poetry book. I think its more targeted towards younger kids. I think pre K or Kindergarten kids would learn something from this. ( )
  CSansing | Nov 12, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,821,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible