George Washington and Benedict Arnold: A Tale of Two Patriots

by Dave Richard Palmer

From 1775 through 1777, George Washington and Benedict Arnold were America's two most celebrated warriors. Their earlier lives had surprisingly parallel paths. They were strong leaders in combat, they admired and respected each other, and they even shared common enemies. Yet one became our greatest hero and the other our most notorious traitor. Why? In the new paperback edition ofGeorge Washington and Benedict Arnold: A Tale of Two Patriots, author and military historian Dave Palmer reveals the answer: character. In this fascinating and unique dual biography, Palmer also shows: How Arnold's treason actually helped the Patriot cause Why Arnold and Washington's amazingly similar backgrounds, family influences,youthful experiences, and "self - made" status led to strikingly different results in their lives How in four well - defined steps Arnold went from hero to traitor Presenting the panorama of the Revolutionary War through the lives of two of its most colorful and important figures,George Washington and Benedict Arnold reveals important lessons for today through a story that few Americans know, but that every American should.… (more)

Didn't realize how little I knew about George Washington, Benedict Arnold, and the Revolutionary War before I read this. Fascinating history. ( )
  akbooks | Sep 12, 2019 |
This book is excellent. There was not much new about Washington, but the book takes a side-by-side comparison of Washington and Arnold. This brought clarity to some of the actions of the characters. I was concerned that the author would minimize Arnold's treason or his importance to the revolution. Contrary to my fears, this book showed how important Arnold was to America's independence, and how treacherous he was. I would highly recommend this book. ( )
  torrey23 | Nov 30, 2013 |
- Biography of two men with great talents and both had the potential for greatness..the difference in the two was character
- G.W. character shaped his greatness and B.A. lack of character resulted in him being labeled as the #1 traitor in US history
- Each individual would react differently when faced with adversity and public insults
- Color photos make this a very attractive book ( )
  CritEER | Aug 23, 2007 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,372,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible