The Labyrinth Wall (Obsidian Series) by…

The Labyrinth Wall (Obsidian Series)

by Emilyann Girdner

I won this kindle version in a GOODREADS giveaway. ( )
  tenamouse67 | Jan 6, 2018 |
I enjoy books about puzzles, mysteries, riddles, adventure and suspense. Some of the best books for those ingredients are stories involving a labyrinth. There aren't many books that deliver the same kind of entertainment and excitement as a well-written labyrinth adventure. This is one such book, and is one I really enjoyed.

Most stories involving labyrinths follow someone from the outside who becomes trapped inside one, trying to find their way out. A unique twist in this book, the characters the story follows were created inside the labyrinth, and have never escaped. Desperate to find something more to life than living as an eternal prisoner, constantly in a state of near starvation and death, Araina teams up with several other people, most of whom she knows she can't trust, in order to find a way out of the labyrinth.

Full of exciting situations, humor, and a good look at the human psyche of a labyrinth prisoner, this book pulls you in, and doesn't let you go until the very end. This story mesmerizes you with fights against guards, cannibals, saber tooth mutts, and some slightly insane creatures. Well written and smooth, Emilyann Girdner has created a wonderful reality with this labyrinth experience. I look forward to reading more books from her in the future, and would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good fight-for-survival adventure.

*I was given an ARC eCopy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.

Check out my post for The Labyrinth Wall Monster Wall Party!! See the book trailer, explore the map, learn about monsters of The Labyrinth, and more!! Check it out here: http://desertrosereviews.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-labyrinth-wall-monster-party.h... ( )
  Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |

Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |
Obsidian Series Book #1

I knew instantly that this was going to be a book of great adventure. Araina is a Mahk, otherwise known as a created human, is trapped in a labyrinth. She makes a great main character that adds a lot to the plot of the story. As you read through the book, you see her becoming more and more of a person with substance.

She experiences enough conflict throughout the book, keeping you on your toes. The plot itself will keep you on your toes, since the whole book is a giant puzzle.

The writing style was interesting, considering the amount of thought and research that went into the book. It doesn't quite fit into the dystopian category of books, but it doesn't fall into sic-fi or paranormal either. Its a bit of both and will definitely give you a action, betrayal, and suspense.

Overall I would rate this book at a 4/5. ( )
  lizasarusrex | Sep 19, 2014 |

Check out my post for The Labyrinth Wall Monster Wall Party!! See the book trailer, explore the map, learn about monsters of The Labyrinth, and more!! Check it out here! ( )
  Rose.Wallin | Jan 3, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,938,479 books! | Top bar: Always visible