The Boy That Never Was

by Karen Perry

Five years ago, three-year-old Dillon disapeared. For his father Harry - who left him alone for ten crucial minutes - it was an unforgiveable lapse. Yet Dillon's mother Robin has never blamed her husband: her own secret guilt is burden enough. Now they're trying to move on, returning home to Dublin to make a fresh start.… (more)

A fast moving easy to read book, it reminded me of the recent TV programme Missing ( )
  karenshann | Dec 31, 2019 |
Harry and Robin live in Tangiers with their 3year old son Dillon.
Dillon goes missing after an earth quake. The couple broken hearted move back to Ireland.
In Dublin a few years later Harry is convinced he spots Dillon.
This leads to a whole wild goose chase with the help of Harrys dodgy mate who has Police contacts.

It turns out Robin was having an affair with an American called Garick who is in Ireland now he kipnapped Dillon before the earthquake hit.
Garick shoots Harry who dies. Robin who is gives birth to a little girl gets Dillon back and moves back to Tangiers. ( )
  Daftboy1 | Oct 26, 2017 |
This book was fabulous a real gem and sad at the same time loved the story line and the characters where well written out the story its self was a sort of who done what at what time also I thing it portrayed the Irish as drug & alcohol dependent or so I thought but this did not stop me from enjoying this wonderful book as the author intended so my heart felt thanks go to the author for this wonderful book and hope there are more ( )
  weelinda | Nov 5, 2014 |
  weelinda | Oct 24, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,308,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible