Bones Never Lie (2014)

by Kathy Reichs

Series: Temperance Brennan (17)

"Unexpectedly called in to the Charlotte PD's Cold Case Unit, Dr. Temperance Brennan wonders why she's been asked to meet with a homicide cop who's a long way from his own jurisdiction. The shocking answer: Two child murders, separated by thousands of miles, have one thing in common--the killer. Years ago, Anique Pomerleau kidnapped and murdered a string of girls in Canada, then narrowly eluded capture. It was a devastating defeat for her pursuers, Brennan and police detective Andrew Ryan. Now, as if summoned from their nightmares, Pomerleau has resurfaced in the United States, linked to victims in Vermont and North Carolina. When another child is snatched, the reign of terror promises to continue--unless Brennan can rise to the challenge and make good on her second chance to stop a psychopath. But Brennan will have to draw her bitter ex-partner out of exile, keep the local police and feds from one another's throats, and face more than just her own demons as she stalks the deadliest of predators into the darkest depths of madness" --… (more)

If it's by Kathy Reichs I will read it! I love all her books but most especially the ones about Temperance Brennan. I think this may be my new favorite book by her. The story line was fascinating and gave a great resolution to one of the most interesting and previously unresolved storylines she has ever written. Plus the ending I LOVED the ending. I don't want to spoil anything but it made me so so happy. I cannot say enough good things about this series and this author. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
An excellent installment in the Tempe Brennan series.

Head of the Cold Case Unit asks Tempe to attend a meeting with a Vermont Detective Rodas, hometown homicide cop Skinny Slidell and an agent from that State Bureau of Investigation. Rodas has found a link between a Vermont unsolved and a local unsolved case: matching DNA to an old adversary, Anique Pomerleau (from the one book in the series I have not read.) And then another local girl goes missing. Tempe decides she needs assistance from her Canadian ex-boyfriend, Detective Andrew Ryan, and has to go to Costa Rica, where he is recovering from the death of his daughter Lily from a heroin overdose. More help comes from Tempe's mother, who we finally meet, who has issues of her own, but is a great Internet researcher.

Quality twists and turns, with a surprise. Fans of the series should not miss this one.

It is always difficult for me to review thrillers without employing spoilers, so I hope it will suffice to say that the forensic science in this book is spot-on, the characters and situations interesting, and that Kathy Reichs is back in fine form with this latest book! ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
So the whole book my heart is aching for Tempe and Andrew. I figured out who it was pretty early on. But I enjoyed the sleuthing and science in this book ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
Once again Tempe is on the case of who is murdering young girlsin Vermont and North Carolina. It reminds her of a case she and Ryan worked in Quebec of Anique Pomerleau and her accomplice killing and burying girls in a basement. Ryan is in hiding since his daughter died and Slidell wants Tempe to see if he will help them out. As the investigation unfolds, Tempe hooks up with Ryan again and travels back to Quebec to review the cases and interview the parents. As she gets closer to the truth, people close to her are once again put in danger. Another great story with lots of twists and turns. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
Unexpectedly called to the Charlotte PD's Cold Case Unit, Dr. Temperance Brennan wonders why she's been asked to meet with a homicide cop who's a long way from his own jurisdiction. The shocking answers: Two child murders, separated by thousands of miles, have one thing in common - the killer. years ago, Anique Pomerleau kidnapped and murdered a string of girls in Canada, then narrowly eluding capture. It was a devastating defeat for her pursuers, Brennan and police detective Andrew Ryan. Now, as if summoned from their nightmares, Pomerleau has resurfaced in the US, linked to victims in Vermont and North Carolina. When another child is snatched, the reign of terror promises to continue - unless Brennan can rise to the challenge and make good on her second chance to stop a psychopath. But Brennan will have to draw her bitter ex-partner out of exile, keep the local police and feds from one another's throats, and face more than just her own demons as she stalks the deadliest of predators into the darkest depths of madness. ( )
  jepeters333 | Apr 23, 2018 |
As an author she has her tremendous asset of technical and bureaucratic knowledge - this needless to say, carries her a very long way. Missing, however, is the sense of atmosphere...

Kathy Reichsprimary authorall editionscalculated

born August 3, 2012

and

Miles Aivars Mixon

born August 11, 2012
I received the message first thing Monday morning. Honor Barrow needed me at an unscheduled meeting.

Stories old and new

Corruption, sweetness and science

Autumn, winter, spring (basswulf)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,428,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible