The Cellar by Natasha Preston

The Cellar (edition 2014)

by Natasha Preston (Author)

6062027,807 (3.65)5
For months, Summer is trapped in a cellar with the man who took her and three other girls: Rose, Poppy, and Violet.
Member:danisaur
Title:The Cellar
Authors:Natasha Preston (Author)
Info:Sourcebooks Fire (2014), 368 pages

The Cellar by Natasha Preston

I think everyone on Goodreads covers it when they address the crying of Summer, the subpar writing, how awful this book is, and so on. I can't do much better with my own words other than repeating Summer sucks, this book does not have up to par writing, and I have no idea how anyone can ever want to read past book one for pleasure and not masochism. ( )
  Yolken | Jun 5, 2020 |
16-year old Summer is abducted and held captive for months. 3 other girls are also trapped in the Cellar with her. Summer's boyfriend, Lewis, and family do not give up searching for her. Lewis never doubts that she is still alive and Summer doesn't doubt that he will find her. This is a really good story about teenage love and the inner strength to survive the horrors of being trapped in The Cellar. ( )
  marykuhl | Mar 22, 2020 |
Wow just wow!! This book blew me away and left me on the edge of my seat the whole time with a lot of "OMG" moments through the book.

Think Ted Bundy and Charles Manson stories meets 4 teens in the Cellar and you have THIS Book!!

Can't wait to read Awake!!

If you love Thriller books that have a Serial Killer twist to it, thank THIS Book is for you!!! ( )
  Sheila_Samuelson | Sep 30, 2019 |
This book was completely dark and twisted. It held me captive through the final word and left an eerie premise in my stomach. I really enjoyed it, but felt the ending was lacking... It was anti-climatic or maybe just a tad too rushed. I needed more of that real feel emotion that the rest of the book had. Up to the end it was gripping and haunting and just flat out whack. I like uncomfortable so that kind of dark worked for me. The ending was just to light and too airy. I wanted more intensity. I wanted a thin sliver connecting the girls to Colin. Weird I know, but it was a weird book. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I Recommend it to all psycho thriller fans! ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Apr 25, 2019 |
I would have liked some more insight or background on the mother and why it caused Colin/Clover to become what he did. Overall it was a decent fast read. ( )
  Chelz286 | Aug 26, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,718,489 books! | Top bar: Always visible