HomeGroupsTalkExplore

The Cellar by Natasha Preston

The Cellar (original 2014; edition 2014)

by Natasha Preston (Author)

For months, Summer is trapped in a cellar with the man who took her and three other girls: Rose, Poppy, and Violet.
Member:AmelliaB
Title:The Cellar
Authors:Natasha Preston (Author)
Info:Sourcebooks Fire (2014), 368 pages
Rating:***

Work Information

The Cellar by Natasha Preston (2014)

Weird book. The whole keep them in the basement concept is very weird and there should be trigger warnings. The POV would be better from one point of view--3rd person omniscient narrator would help keep the storyline tighter and easier to follow. I kept getting lost in the flower names and the timelines, but maybe that's just me. ( )
  akl31379 | Dec 31, 2022 |
I wanted to like this book so much. So, so much, but every time something was explained that we already knew I contemplated closing it. I'm 76% positive that you could cut this book in half by only taking out un-needed parts and it would be soo much better if someone had done so. ( )
  Kirbur | Dec 10, 2022 |
The only thing that held my attention was that I wanted to know what was going to happen to the four girls. The last 5 or so chapters felt rushed and incomplete. I wasn't a big fan of the main character Summer. I was more interested in Rose and wanted to know what she was thinking. Otherwise, the writing wasn't great and the main character wasn't interesting. ( )
  PeytonHammond | Nov 30, 2021 |
This book was amazing from start to finish. It grips you right away and keeps you hooked until its conclusion. I can't wait to get my hands on more of her books :) ( )
  Chinesa72 | Jul 28, 2021 |
I think everyone on Goodreads covers it when they address the crying of Summer, the subpar writing, how awful this book is, and so on. I can't do much better with my own words other than repeating Summer sucks, this book does not have up to par writing, and I have no idea how anyone can ever want to read past book one for pleasure and not masochism. ( )
  Yolken | Jun 5, 2020 |
Si entras, te atrapará
Para mi prometido, Joseph, su apoyo no tiene límites
Al mirar por la ventana de mi dormitorio, me encontré con otro aburrido día del típico verano inglés.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,786,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible