I am Amelia Earhart (Ordinary People Change…

I am Amelia Earhart (Ordinary People Change World) (edition 2014)

by Brad Meltzer, Christopher Eliopoulos (Illustrator)

Presents the life of the first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean, who mysteriously disappeared in 1937 while attempting to fly around the world.
Member:burrlib
Title:I am Amelia Earhart (Ordinary People Change World)
Authors:Brad Meltzer
Other authors:Christopher Eliopoulos (Illustrator)
Info:Dial Books (2014), Edition: First Edition/First Printing, Hardcover, 40 pages

I am Amelia Earhart by Brad Meltzer

This is a nonfiction biography about Amelia Earhart, also known as the first woman to fly across the Atlantic . I think this book would be great for an early middle grades history class. The book is not only about Amelia Earhart, but it's about chasing your dreams no matter what. ( )
  kianak98 | Nov 19, 2020 |
This book is about the life of Amelia Earhart. The book depicts her as a young child in the illustrations but makes sure the reader knows she is an adult. This would be a great book for starting a lesson with younger children on her.
  RobinLafferty | Nov 17, 2020 |
I found this book to be very cute and tell an amazing story of Amelia Earhart. I think this is a great book for young children, especially young girls. I think its great for younger girls to see a role model who did such incredible things! ( )
  adixon11 | Mar 30, 2020 |
Amelia Earhart has always loved flying. When Amelia was younger people always tried to force her to be lady like. Amelia had her first experience flying when they made a little ramp and she "flew" off. Amelia would always go to air shows when she was growing up. And she started to take jobs to earn money for flying lessons. Amelia always pushed her self to earn titles that no other woman had ever earned. She pushed her self because a bunch of people told her that woman couldn't/shouldn't go flying. Amelia learns to fly because its her dream and when she is in the air she always says "this is awesome".
I think this book was amazing and really inspiring. Amelia had showed so much passion and determination to do what she loved. It was not just like hopping on a plane and flying. Amelia had to do jobs to earn money so that then she could learn how to fly. And after she learned how to fly, she went out to prove her self that women can set their own records. I think that this was inspiring because at even the begging of the book it talked about how her parents always tried to get her into doing girly things. But Amelia had her own vision in her head and she fulfilled that vision too. This book is absolutely amazing because it shows it does take effort to fulfill your dreams and to not be like other people. To not be like other people that doesn't make you happy, be someone that makes you happy. ( )
  SMoney.ELA2 | Mar 27, 2020 |
I am Amelia Earhart is a book about the life of Amelia Earhart. I really enjoyed the way this book really tells the reader plenty of information about Amelia Earhart's life while also using illustrations geared toward a younger audience. Meaning, I really think that this biography would appeal to grades Kindergarten through most grades. I also really enjoyed the theme throughout the book about how Amelia never quite played by the rules. She pushed so many boundaries, asked, "Why can't I do that?', and as a result, is now an internationally known pilot. Something else I learned that I had not known previously is that Amelia Earhart was not immediately a naturally gifted pilot. I am Amelia Earhart stated that Amelia had to work twice as hard to master being a pilot, but she never gave up and continued anyway. What an incredible message for younger kids. This really does inspire the reader to persist and not give up. Overall, I enjoyed this book and would recommend it. ( )
  mledward | Apr 6, 2019 |

Brad Meltzerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eliopoulos, ChrisIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,239,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible