Schaum's outline of French grammar by Mary…

Schaum's outline of French grammar (edition 1999)

by Mary E. Coffman Crocker

Nouns and articles - Adjectives and adverbs - Prepositions - Numbers, dates and time - Verbs - Interrogatives - Negatives - Pronouns.
Member:Markober
Title:Schaum's outline of French grammar
Authors:Mary E. Coffman Crocker
Info:New York : McGraw-Hill, c1999.
Collections:LOC_LIB

Work Information

Schaum's Outline of French Grammar by Mary Coffman Crocker

Is there a better series for learners than Schaum's? A friend got me on to this at the start of the year when I was studying German, and I'm glad to have the French volume by my side as I embark on this new journey (far more difficult - for me anyway!)

This is a thorough examination of every aspect of French grammar that could be of use to a newcomer to the language. It's important to note that the book is exactly as advertised: it is a guide to grammar, designed to accomplish a course. It is not, in itself, a resource for learning the language. This guide offers no tips on pronunciation, no vocabulary, and is not structured in an "easy to hard" way.

I have only just cracked the spine but looking forward to making notes on each page over the coming months... ( )
  therebelprince | Apr 21, 2024 |

Belongs to Series

Preface -- Like the first edition, the second edition of this review book has been designed and developed with you in mind in order to make the study of French grammar easier. The book is divided into eight chapters. Each chapter concentrates on the basic problem areas of the language: nouns and articles; adjectives and adverbs; numbers, dates, and time; verbs; interrogatives; negatives; pronouns; and special meanings of certain verbs. The chapter on adjectives and adverbs has been expanded in this edition.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,744,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible