The Little Android (2014)

by Marissa Meyer

Series: Lunar Chronicles (short story, 0.6)

Marked down under five stars for the number of times I spent squealing at picking out the commonalities between The Little Mermaid and this new tale of it, but not quite shifted into My Favorites box. I did love the retelling, and the continued stress of human vs. cyborg races & the option of machine operation to heal people. Cinder's appearance was adorable as well (without being so much "adorable" as reasonable and well place for the time period of her placement of her own timeline then).

I very much loved the ending and I was glad to see that Marissa stuck close to the 'bones' of that tale. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Aug 21, 2021 |
Didn't realize it's a retelling of The Little Mermaid until I read the synopsis.
Perfect for 2020 PopSugar Reading Challenge: a book with an AI, cyborg or android character.
Fast and easy read worth recommending. ( )
  DzejnCrvena | Apr 2, 2021 |
Marissa Meyer's retelling of The Little Mermaid (not the Disney version), set in the world of her Lunar Chronicles series.

Full text found online here: http://www.wattpad.com/36352935-the-little-android ( )
  alyssajp | Jul 29, 2019 |
Short story re-telling the tragic story of the little mermaid. A little android falls in love with a handsome young engineer. She acts to save him, when that isn't what her program should move her to do. ( )
  nx74defiant | Dec 25, 2017 |
Even Star is an Android, she made a huge sacrifice for the person she loves. Even if it makes her alone or miserable, she thought it would be better to see that the one she loves would be happy. I'm very contented with this short novella and it just shows that there could be chances for Androids, like the case of Star and Miko, to feel just like an ordinary human being. ( )
  fugou | Aug 14, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,188,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible