Pippi Longstocking / Pippi Goes on Board /…

Pippi Longstocking / Pippi Goes on Board / Pippi in the South Seas (original 1948; edition 1997)

by Astrid Lindgren

Member:ThreeOaks
Title:Pippi Longstocking / Pippi Goes on Board / Pippi in the South Seas
Authors:Astrid Lindgren
Info:Scholastic Inc (1997), Paperback
Tags:JU LIN

Pippi in the South Seas by Astrid Lindgren (1948)

Recently added byLibrarianPIE, claircochran, clib, nbrown1617, riceinmay, private library, emily.underwood, Hschween
Legacy LibrariesAstrid Lindgren

I prefer the second book to this one, but it was alright. It didn't seem at all familiar to me, so I don't think I ever got around to reading this one even though I own it. It's slightly uncomfortable at times with the way they refer to the natives of the island... And Tommy can be quite the bully to his sister sometimes! Also, there's a girl called Moana. :) ( )
  danaenicole | Feb 11, 2017 |
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer. Title: Pippi In the South Seas Series: Pippi Longstocking Author: Astrid Lindgren Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars Genre: Children Pages: 80 Synopsis: Pippi takes her friends to the Island where her father is king and they all have a grand time. They come home, celebrate a late Christmas and vow to never grow up. Thus ends the series. My Thoughts: I accidentally read book 3 before book 2 due to a snafu on my kindle. But it is really no biggie. I enjoyed this more than the first book and found in it the humor I had remembered and was expecting from book 1. These are fun books that appeal to a child's imagination and allows them to see a world where THEY are in control. I'm not one to beat the Sexist drum, quite the contrary in fact. But if I had to choose between a Pippi and some of the modern young women paraded as paradigms of the Modern Woman, I'd choose, recommend and champion Pippi every time. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
absolutely great ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
Everyone should read Pippi. She is a beacon of joy. ( )
  MuzLibrary | May 4, 2015 |
My kids love Pippi. They love how she does all the things they aren't supposed to do, she's a kind of transgressive fantasy. But she does it all with such a good heart; this little smart-alack is motivated by love, confidence, and a tremendous sense of humor. If you are looking for A girl role models that are still funny and fun to read, Pippi is the way to go. ( )
  CherieDooryard | Jan 20, 2015 |

Hollander, CarlIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Järvinen, LailaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nyman, Ingrid VangIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Turner, MarianneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The little Swedish town was very picturesque, with its cobblestone streets, its tiny houses and the gardens that surrounded them.

The adventures of the strongest girl in the world, who takes her two friends with her when she travels from Sweden to visit her father, king of an island in the South Seas.

Legacy Library: Astrid Lindgren

Astrid Lindgren has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Astrid Lindgren's legacy profile.

See Astrid Lindgren's author page.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,442,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible