Manners & Mutiny

by Gail Carriger

Series: Finishing School (4), Parasol Universe (4)

In an alternate England of 1851, Sophronia Temminnick is the only hope for her friends, her school, and all of London when she must put her espionage training to the test to thwart an evil Picklemen plot.

Sassy to the end, and a sweet, if fiery, conclusion! ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
Loved this book and the series, lots of action and still made me laugh a bit. Definitely going to go on to read the Parasol Protectorate. ( )
  fellanta13 | Feb 14, 2022 |
Ahh... the last book. Sephronia's last year at Madame Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality (Quali-tay). She's become quite the intelligencer and rather deadly to boot.

The book wraps up the over-all series arc and shares a few surprises too. There's a bit of romance in this one and I like that it's as daring (for the times/universe) as Sephronia herself is.

I enjoyed the book, but I didn't love it; it lacked the 'oomph' of Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series – and even the first two books of this series. Still, it was entertaining and the writing, if not necessarily the plotting, is full of razor-sharp wit and humour. I never thought I'd say it, but I love the steampunkiness of her books and I look forward to reading the first of her newest series: The Custard Protocol - Prudence. ( )
  murderbydeath | Jan 25, 2022 |
A relatively decent, action-packed finish to the series. It was satisfying to see Sophronia finally work out a relationship with Soap (seriously, the whole love triangle attempt in the previous books was awful). I would not mind a spinoff series focusing on Pillover. ( )
  hissingpotatoes | Dec 28, 2021 |
I loved it. ( )
  embly | Dec 11, 2021 |

Gail Carrigerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Quirk, MoiraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schechter, CarrieCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shaw, TracyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"A ball, at last!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,630,761 books! | Top bar: Always visible