On Becoming Fearless in Love, Work, and Life

by Arianna Huffington

1953110,797 (3.56)1
What are you afraid of? Being assertive? Looking fat? Getting older? Going broke? Whatever your fear, women everywhere confront the same fears every day. Huffington believes that conquering fear is crucial to living a full life and to making a difference in the world, and in this manifesto, she inspires us to take on the task. Huffington is fearless, but not by nature; she's had to learn to overcome her fears and relies on these hard-won lessons every day. She shows how to be bold from the inside out--from feeling comfortable in our own skin to getting what we want in love and at work to changing the world. In order to live a happy, fulfilling life, we need to reach the point where our fears do not stop us from daring to think new thoughts, take risks, fail, start again, and, ultimately, succeed.--From publisher description.… (more)

This book was almost completely included in her other book Thrive, which was much better and more in depth. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
Fortunately I can relate to most of the stories, musings and so on in this collection. However what I was hoping to find were not simply situations on becoming more fearless about life but rather practical advice on how these situations can apply to anyone. I may be able to derive the answers I am seeking but I was just hoping for more. Otherwise though it did provoke thought and consideration on the topic and I did indeed learn a few things. ( )
  wendymb | Nov 18, 2008 |

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316166820, 1594836302

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,460,535 books! | Top bar: Always visible