Gravity by Jason Chin

Gravity (edition 2014)

by Jason Chin (Author)

"What keeps objects from floating out of your hand? What if your feet drifted away from the ground? What stops everything from floating into space? Gravity ... Jason Chin has taken a complex subject and made it brilliantly accessible to young readers in this unusual, innovative, and very beautiful book.… (more)
Member:NicoleMc
Title:Gravity
Authors:Jason Chin (Author)
Info:Roaring Brook Press (2014), Edition: Illustrated, 32 pages

Work Information

Gravity by Jason Chin

English (78)  Spanish (1)  All languages (79)
Gravity makes things fall to earth. It is that simple, and so is this book. It works well as an introduction to the topic, and the info bits in the back are perfect for expanding on the concept. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Jan 24, 2022 |
I think this story is a great way to introduce the topic of gravity to young children in the classroom. Young students will be engaged with the illustrations provided by the book and will be intrigued to know how gravity works. I also really like how the last page of the book includes a more in depth description of gravity and mass and how everything works. ( )
  deannalowe | Oct 20, 2019 |
More of a science book, so did not love it and think it would be more appropriate for older kids. I did however enjoy the illustration! ( )
  Heather.s.mccormick | Sep 18, 2019 |
Combines art and science wonderfully and thoughtfully, as always. Beautiful illustrations. Uses typography and placement to great advantage and extends the narrative. ( )
  EMiMIB | Aug 2, 2019 |
This is a cute book about the basics of gravity. It would be a good intro into studying gravity in the classroom, and a good "hook" for the beginning of a lesson. I appreciated that the main character (astronaut action figure) is African American. I love the fun illustrations and the imagination that went into this book. I could see children reading this and imagining all the things around them start to float up to the sky and then crash back down. I also appreciated the additional information about gravity in the back of the book. ( )
  atimmons18 | May 30, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,664,959 books! | Top bar: Always visible