PRIMAL Fury by Jack Silkstone

PRIMAL Fury

by Jack Silkstone

821,552,830 (2.5)None
Beautiful young women are being kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery by a ruthless crime syndicate that the law can’t, or won’t, touch. But after years of terror and abuse, one victim manages to strike back, with the help of PRIMAL. Now, the covert vigilante team lays siege to a medieval-era castle where the barbarism of bygone ages is alive and well. Once PRIMAL’s deadly operatives bring high-tech weapons and razor-sharp combat drills into play, they teach the flesh-trade slavers a lesson in preserving human rights, and punishing inhuman wrongs. But when one of the team trades valor for vengeance, it could jeopardize every member on the mission, leaving them, and the prisoners they’re fighting for, at the mercy of the criminal world’s most ruthless: the Yakuza.… (more)

Beautiful young women, believing that they are going to modeling opportunities are kidnapped and sold into slavery.

PRIMAL is an organization that his "...hell-bent on bringing justice to those who have evaded it." They are funded by a benefactor who is the CEO of a billion dollar logistics empire.

PRIMAL has a small group of operatives and uses the latest in technology and weaponry to bring down their opponents. Think of a team with four James Bond's.

The edge of seat action in "PRIMAL Fury" is thrilling as this small group of operatives is pitted against the Mori-Kai. The Mori-Kai is one of Japan's most ruthless and deadly families. They are behind the smuggling ring abducting the girls.

We follow the action of two of the abducted girls who are from Croatia. It seems cruel to see a young person's dreams bashed as these two women, like the others, thought they were going to a life as models with lots of glamour.

Karla, the younger sister is just seventeen. She seems particularly vulnerable. William Kurtz, a PRIMAL operative is stymied numerous times as he attempts to rescue her. When he first met Karla, Kurtz became emotionally connected to her and his over enthusiastic attempts at rescue almost spoil a number of situations.

The PRIMAL mission is to search for the smugglers' headquarters, rescue the young women and destroy the organization.

The action sizzles as it moves along. The odds seem against the forces of PRIMAL but with their bravery and superior technology, they overcome.

Recommended. ( )
  mikedraper | Apr 19, 2015 |
Given all the glowing reviews this book has received, I expected to love it. I didn't. In fact, I'm struggling to find some positive points to talk about.

First, there is absolutely no character development. None. After nearly 500 pages, I don't know the characters any better than I did on page one. We have a whole lot of Primal operatives, each one a carbon copy of the others. Okay, yes, there are slight differences. One is Russian, another is English. They have different color hair. That's about all I could find separating one from the other. Nothing at all makes any of them unique or even the slightest bit memorable. This is also true of all the bad guys and all the girls being enslaved.

Along with the lack of development, we also have a complete lack of emotion. This book has a ton of action, but only occasionally offers a brief line or two stating what a character is feeling. The information is given as an aside, like a cliff note. The subject of sex slaves should have conjured all sorts of emotions for me, from outrage to horror to intense sadness. I should have felt the anguish of these girls. Instead, that aspect of the plot came off as secondary, more like a convenient reason for all these Primal operatives to run around killing people. The story here should have been emotionally powerful, but I felt absolutely nothing.

As for the action, it continually stretched credibility. They move from one shootout to another, dodging bullets and jumping from buildings. All the operatives are apparently also medically trained and able to stitch one another up on the spot. They are more like comic book superheroes than believable characters.

At the start, I wanted to love this book. In the end, I just wanted it over. ( )
  Darcia | May 10, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,915,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible