The Death of Lila Jane by Teresa Mummert

The Death of Lila Jane

by Teresa Mummert

1311,112,936 (3)None
From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Teresa Mummert comes a cautionary coming of age tale. Lila Jane is spending her summer vacation preparing for high school. She does everything asked of her, but her parents rarely give her credit for her efforts. She decides to sneak out with a friend to attend a local party and shed her little girl image, to become a woman once and for all. What starts out as a fun escape soon escalates into a life on the run with a boy she barely knows.… (more)

Every thing Teresa Mummert writes has a tendency to be magical. Sometimes it's dark. Sometimes it's heartbreaking. Sometimes it's in a class of its own. Who am I kidding? Her stories are usually a combination of the above and more. This story really isn't any different.

Just like Teresa's other books, I was roped in from the start. With all of the sadness and pain Lila and Kaden carry within themselves, these two characters are guaranteed to tell a story like no other.

Although I was immersed in this story, I was expecting so much more from it. When I first saw this book, I expected my emotions to be all over the place. Unfortunately, they weren't. Well, they were, but not as heavily as I expected.

Overall, this book is a really good book. I highly recommend reading it. The characters are very relateable and likeable. I couldn't help but to feel so much for these characters. Everyone knows what it's like to be misunderstood and unseen. Their story is definitely one that will sit with you for a while. ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |

Teresa Mummert is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,352,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible