Rogue by Katy Evans

In the Rogue I had pretty high hopes for this one, although I tried to not get my hopes too high because I honestly couldn't see how you could get any better than "Remy". What I found most interesting, was that the hero of this story Greyson King is completely different from our beloved Remy. He is more rougher around the edges, in some ways more mysterious and has some unique domineering personalities that was definitely unique. But I did admire the author for writing such a edgier character as Greyson King. Greyson King had to grow up pretty fast when his father gave him an ultimatum when he was only a kid, and that ultimatum changed him forever. Greyson is now known as "Zero". He is dangerous and sexy but also not a man you cross. He has a list of names of debts owed to them, and once he has what is owed them he can finally have the hidden location to his mother. And the last name on the list, is a woman who is more pure and loving than anything he has ever known and is the woman he loves more than life itself. Melanie doesn't know what to make of Greyson King, only that he is always disappearing, and not the most "steadiest" of boyfriends. But she is drawn to him in a way she can't explain. She is looking for a man like her best friend has in Remington. But Greyson is not your typical male, and Melanie will have to rely on her heart when she learns the truth about Greyson.
"In my line of work distractions don't go well."
"Is that what I am? A distraction?"
"You're my fucking obsession. Not even a fantasy anymore. You're going to be the death of me, princess, and I don't give a shit anymore. I just don't want to be the death of you."
This story is full of some dynamic qualities and I was sucked into this story. Not quite in the same way as you get drawn into Remy, but I did find myself drawn into the story all the same. I think what was most intriguing was the mysterious element to the romance. I really never knew where this story was going, and there were times when it would really surprise me in the changes in plot or pacing even. And boy the villains of the story keeps you on your toes. Greyson isn't exactly the safest of men to be with, but he is protective of Melanie and I love the ways he goes about making sure that she is safe no matter the cost to himself. There are many secrets and half truths that occur in this story, and you see how this pair work through the drama and complex problems that build up through the story.

The Writing is simply Katy Evan's style though, so you just are guaranteed a story you won't want to put down, pages that you flip through and a romance that is a heart stopper!!! A VIBRANT SEXY TALE!
With you and me, there are no givens. No rules. Just what we want. And I want every inch of you. I want what you’ve given no one ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
out of this world ( )
  foxelaine | May 25, 2018 |
REMY is my #1 book boyfriend so he's a tough act to follow. Greyson did an excellent job. I didn't like him as much, but I did love him.He's a ten. I've never, ever been with a ten. And the way that he looks at me...I've seen that look before. The look that Remington Tate gives Brooke. That look. He's giving it to me and I'm dying inside. Can I die from one look? And if one look can kill me, then what would one touch do?
Greyson is like a good bad guy. He wants to be a good person, and in his heart he is a wonderful person. But his circumstances and actions make him look otherwise. He's perfect for readers that want to skirt the edge of bad boy.

Melanie is a realistic 21st century girl. She isn't a super virgin or a badass. She's a lonely woman with a life full of one night stands looking for her prince charming.

I like both characters really well, and I think that they were perfect for each other. Sometimes couples in a story don't seem even, but they definitely complete each other. Neither is really good or bad but a variance on the scale.She makes me feel like I'm not a robot, like I'm flesh and blood, a man, not a number, not a job...not a monster, not a bastard, not a zero.

I super enjoyed this read and definitely recommend it.

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/12/rogue-by-katy-evans-revi... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Greyson was like 007 or something. ( )
  seyebrows | Dec 30, 2015 |

The fourth story in the bestselling new adult series that began with Real, Mine, and Remy featuring Brooke's best friend, Melanie, and the man she can't resist.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,089,441 books! | Top bar: Always visible