Festive in Death by J. D. Robb

Festive in Death (edition 2015)

by J. D. Robb (Author)

Member:marymmartin
Title:Festive in Death
Authors:J. D. Robb (Author)
Info:Berkley (2015), Edition: Reprint, 368 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:2017

Festive in Death by J. D. Robb

I hate when a new death book comes out, it just makes me want more. I end up having to read some of my past favorites to satisfy my Dallas fix. ( )
  SA_Jane | Feb 18, 2017 |
For some reason I didn't like this as much as a lot of the other In Death books. It just seemed very slow. I felt like there were basic things forensically which would have ended the book much earlier if they used them, especially fingerprints. Not one of the more fun J.D. Robb books. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Feb 14, 2017 |
Eve Dallas and Roarke are getting ready for a huge Christmas party at their home. However, in the middle of the night Eve is called to a homicide. A personal trainer with his head bashed in and a knife in his heart was found by Eve's beauty technician, Trina. Trina and a friend, recently dumped by the deceased, had sneaked into his apartment to put itching powder in his body cream, drunken payback time. The personal trainer was known for his womanizing, so there are plenty of suspects. Eve and Peabody really need to solve this by Christmas. Not as many twists and turns as found in many of this series. However, there was a fair amount of humor. A decent entry into the series. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Feb 8, 2017 |
I'm a JD Robb addict, that's pretty much good for at least a 3 star review across the board. Some books are certainly better than others and, once you reach the addict level, that largely depends on what characters and types of plots you prefer. There's so much character development in the series, it's always fun to tune in to see what happens with who.

I don't think that this book is a read alone or "welcome to the series" book. The biggest scene of the book is one that you really need to build up to through reading the overall plot of the series. That being said, the characters are richly developed as always and there's a good amount of humor and thrill in the story. ( )
  lamotamant | Sep 22, 2016 |
Certainly it is as good as at least the median books of the series. Eve and Roark still adore each other, Eve still hates the conventions of social engagement, people still kill each other, etc. Maybe I'm getting a little tired of the formula, or maybe the plot wasn't original enough this time. Glad I read it, but it would never have gotten on my reread list. ( )
  ffortsa | Jul 13, 2016 |
Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle which fits them all.

—Oliver Wendell Holmes

At Christmas play and make good cheer,
For Christmas comes but once a year.
—Thomas Tusser
Men, Sima thought, cant' live with them, can't beat them to death with a nine iron.

Eve Dallas deals with a homicide—and the holiday season—in the latest from the #1 New York Times bestselling author.

Personal trainer Trey Ziegler was in peak physical condition. If you didn’t count the kitchen knife in his well-toned chest.
                      Lieutenant Eve Dallas soon discovers a lineup of women who’d been loved and left by the narcissistic gym rat. While Dallas sorts through the list of Ziegler’s enemies, she’s also dealing with her Christmas shopping list—plus the guest list for her and her billionaire husband’s upcoming holiday bash.
                      Feeling less than festive, Dallas tries to put aside her distaste for the victim and solve the mystery of his death. There are just a few investigating days left before Christmas, and as New Year’s 2061 approaches, this homicide cop is resolved to stop a cold-blooded killer.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:13 -0400)

The kitchen knife jammed into his cold heart pinned a cardboard sign to his well-toned chest. It read: Santa Says You've Been Bad!!! Ho, Ho, Ho!

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,215,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible