Blocked

by Seanan McGuire

Series: InCryptid (0.31, Short story)

I think Antimony might be my favorite, which is saying something. Also, I never thought I'd like a cheerleader, but she makes it sound so fierce. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
Well alright then. I guess I am going to give the InCryptid series another shot. Verity's books veered a little wildly between "hell yeah!" and "meh" for my taste (and the second book was mostly "Oh, no. Really, just no."). I really wanted to like Alex, but it's a classic case of "can't stand your girlfriend, buddy." So, Antimony: Misanthropic loner with no romantic interest in sight. Snarky but not overdone. Sounds like I may have found the one. (Maybe I should read Antimony's other stories right quick and make sure there is no romance waiting around the corner.)

This little story is really a prelude, just a snippet to introduce some characters. It is not an actual full fledged short story. I rate things on what they are. As a prelude, it is lovely, and accomplishes a mission few stories can. I am willing to give a universe I had written off another chance. (Too bad the Antimony books are not here yet, but I see there are a couple of other short stories to read. And I will probably give the third Verity book a chance, just because I might miss something important, and really I am inclined to like the lady and her boyfriend. I'm done with Alex, though.) ( )
  amyotheramy | May 11, 2021 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Blocked introduces the youngest of the Price siblings, Antimony. She's not yet had her own book, which made it somewhat more difficult to relate to her in such a short story.

She was mostly a teenager and the cryptids didn't feel like the most important part of the story. I am curious to see how her story develops though. ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
A Chance to learn a bit more about Antimony! I love it! And what a great "team sport" she decided on to keep her busy and social! I happen to be a big fan. I love Verity, but I'm going to enjoy getting to know some of the other Prices a little better in these shorts. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Just how did Antimony find roller derby, anyway? Here's the answer. This feels stronger than Bad Dream Girl and Jammed both - we get a lot further into Annie's head, for one thing. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Sep 9, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

InCryptid (0.31, Short story)
"Everybody scream!  Everybody shout!  We're going to light it up and BURN THEM OUT!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,176,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible