Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt Heart Series Book…

Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt Heart Series Book 1) (edition 2014)

by N. R. Walker (Author)

Series: Red Dirt Heart (1)

Welcome to Sutton Station: One of the world's largest working farms in the middle of Australia - where if the animals and heat don't kill you first, your heart just might. Charlie Sutton runs Sutton Station the only way he knows how; the way his father did before him. Determined to keep his head down and his heart in check, Charlie swears the red dirt that surrounds him - isolates him - runs through his veins.American agronomy student Travis Craig arrives at Sutton Station to see how farmers make a living from one of the harshest environments on earth. But it's not the barren, brutal and totally beautiful landscapes that capture him so completely.It's the man with the red dirt heart.… (more)
Member:blueSwordlily
Title:Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt Heart Series Book 1)
Authors:N. R. Walker (Author)
Info:N.R. Walker (2014), 196 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites

Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt, #1) by N. R. Walker (Author)

[4.5] Wow, I absolutely love the Australian outback setting, equal parts beautiful and relentless, and the characters. Travis is fun and easygoing, and he isn’t afraid to express his feelings and fight for what he wants. With Travis by his side, Charlie can take his first step in challenging his own erroneous beliefs regarding happiness and self-worth that stem from his father and find contentment at last. ( )
  loqiton | Aug 1, 2021 |
Loved it. And I already have the next three :) ( )
  Lillian_Francis | Jul 26, 2021 |
3.5 stars

I really loved Travis and Charlie. I'm definitely looking forward to the sequels! :) ( )
  NannyOgg13 | Mar 27, 2021 |
Cowboys, farms (stations, ranches), frequent sex scenes are not my thing. Something is also lacking in Travis's character, imho, I couldn't connect with him. Hopefully the second installment is more generous.

Still, I liked the story and it could have been 4 stars, yet editorial mistakes ("He was leaning against the doorframe, his bare feet framed by his jeans and blue-and-white-checkered shirt"), typos and punctuation got to me in the end.

3.5 stars, which I round up to 4 here on GR. 3.5 on Booklikes and Leafmarks.

Mrella | Mar 8, 2021 |
Loved it. And I already have the next three :) ( )
  Lillian_Francis | Feb 24, 2021 |

Walker, N. R.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Leslie, JoelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,400,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible