Unmarked by Kami Garcia

Unmarked

by Kami Garcia

So this sequel did not disappoint. From the very beginning I knew I was going to go on another turbulent adventure. I can't even with the ending. I thought something crazy like that was going to be revealed, but it's completely different than I expected. How are our heroes going to survive? ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
Secrets tear apart relationships and that's never more true than in Kami Garcia's latest book from The Legion series. Unmarked reveals many secrets that the group called The Legion has been keeping from one another. They also find out about more secrets that family members outside the group haven't shared - secrets that have led them to the point where Lukas is now possessed by the demon, Andras with little hope of recovering from it. Garcia gives us a Da Vinci Code style treasure hunt along with the continuing romance between Lukas and Kennedy. I'm already anxious for the next installment in this scary and engrossing series. ( )
  Mrslabraden | May 31, 2016 |
"Kennedy Waters and her companions find themselves in a world where vengeance spirits kill, ghosts keep secrets, and a demon walks the Earth. As they learn more about their ancient secret society, its longtime rivals the Illuminati, and Kennedy's mysterious family, they wonder whether Kennedy is really meant to be a member of the Legion"-- Provided by publisher.

The heart-pounding sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller, Unbreakable, by New York Times bestselling Beautiful Creatures co-author Kami Garcia.

"A rare sequel that surpasses the original."--Ransom Riggs, New York Times bestselling author of Hollow City

He is here . . . and he could be anyone.

Kennedy Waters lives in a world where vengeance spirits kill, ghosts keep secrets, and a demon walks among us-a demon she accidentally set free.

Now Kennedy and the other Legion members-Alara, Priest, Lukas, and Jared-have to hunt him down. As they learn more about the history of the Legion and the Illuminati, Kennedy realizes that the greatest mystery of all does not belong to any secret order, but to her own family. With the clock ticking and the life of someone she loves hanging in the balance, Kennedy has to ask the question she fears most: what is it about her past that has left her Unmarked?
  lkmuir | Nov 23, 2015 |
Ok, so first book was kind of intense at first learning the characters and everything but it was really cool. This one though, felt like I was ready a long Scooby-Do & Gang. It wasn't the anticipated supernatural thriller I thought it was going to be. ( )
  goforbooks | Jan 15, 2015 |
Unmarked by Kami Garcia is the follow-up novel to Unbreakable, which is on the 2015 Lone Star List. Do not read any further if you haven't read the first book--spoiler alert!

Basically, this is a novel of surprises. When we left off in Unbreakable, Kennedy accidentally released discord into the world by releasing a powerful demon. She is separated from Priest, Alara, Jared, and Lukas after getting caught in the fence. The novel begins with her visiting Jared who is now the demon Andras, the author of Discord. She claims that she'll have to kill him--the boy she loves. Then, the novel goes back 9 days, which is close to when the previous novel ended. Kennedy is in a girls' school but quickly leaves when Jared comes to "break her out." They had been hunting for her and came to get her as soon as they could find her. She feels like she has let everyone down and is totally responsible for chaos that is now reality and doesn't belong with the legion. There is a lot of violence going on and girls are missing who look like Kennedy, which only enhances Kennedy's guilt.

Once the gang is reunited, Kennedy is surprised to find her best friend, Elle, with them. They must get the five members together, so they need to find who the other Legion member is, as they determine Kennedy must have a relative who is the current fifth member. If I said any more, I would give away the surprises and that's no fun! Let me just say that Kennedy's role in this adventure to stop evil from invading the world changes several times, revealing more and more of the truth. There are demons, fights, and scary moments that will hold your attention and speed your heartbeat up.

It's an exciting, page-turning novel even though though Kennedy can be annoying with her guilt complex. It's going to be hard to wait for the next novel, not that we have a choice, but enjoy this novel and we'll join the Legion again in a year. ( )
  acargile | Jan 4, 2015 |

He is here . . . and he could be anyone.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:32 -0400)

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,111,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible