The Complete Plays

by Oscar Wilde

'This volume contains everything Wilde wrote in dramatic form Wilde''s masterpiece. The Importance of Being Earnest is printed here in its usual three-act form, but with an appendix containing the best material from the original four-act version. Also included are his three ''problem plays'', Lady Windermere''s Fan, A Woman of No Importance and An Ideal Husband, as well as his once-banned Salome and several other little-known but fascinating dramas. H. Montgomery Hyde, an acknowledged expert on Wilde and author of several books on him, provides an introduction to Wilde''s life and work with special attention to the composition and performance of the plays. ''Wilde is to me our only thorough playwright. He plays with everything- with wit, with philosophy, with drama, with actors and audiences, with the whole theatre'' (George Bernard Shaw)'… (more)

What can I say, I just love the plays of Oscar Wilde. 'Vera or the Nihilists' does remind me of 'Romeo and Juliet' in some way.
  dionne | May 29, 2006 |
The plays included are Lady Windermere's Fan, Salome, A Woman of No Importance, An Ideal Husband, and The Importance of Being Earnest. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Wilde, Oscarprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guthrie, TyroneIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Varty, AnneIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,743,077 books! | Top bar: Always visible