The wool trilogy by Hugh Howey

The wool trilogy (edition 2014)

by Hugh Howey, Hugh Howey

Series: Wool (omnibus wool), Silo Series (Books 1-3)

The bestselling Wool trilogy now available in one download. Includes Wool, Shift and Dust. 'The next Hunger Games' The Sunday Times Wool In a ruined and hostile landscape, in a future few have been unlucky enough to survive, a community exists in a giant underground silo. Jules is part of this community, but she is different. She dares to hope. And as her walls start closing in, she must decide whether to fight, or to die. Shift Donald Keene was recruited by the government to design an underground shelter. Over fifty years later Donald's design has been realised and the last remnants of mankind live in his silo. But no one can remember what life was like before. In fact, they're forced to forget. One simple pill erases a memory. And with it, any chance of hope. Dust In the aftermath of the uprising, the people of Silo 18 are coming to terms with a dangerous new order. And some want it destroyed. The battle has been won. The war is just beginning.… (more)
Member:Tom.Morrison
Title:The wool trilogy
Authors:Hugh Howey
Other authors:Hugh Howey
Info:London : Cornerstone Digital, 2014.
Tags:to-read

Work Information

The Wool Trilogy by Hugh Howey

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about reading a post-apocalyptic book that takes place inside an underground silo. I was lured in by the many thousands of ratings and it still being close to a 5 star book. So I dove in expecting not to like it much. My reasoning, as I soon found out was wrong, was limited by my own understanding of how I would possibly write this story. For me I need ‘virtual space’ to bring a story to life. Not Hugh Howey! He nailed it! This book was great!

The opening part was very interesting and then when you get to part two things change in a way you didn’t expect and the story moves along taking you right with it all the way through part 5. I figured it might get a bit boring being in the same silo the whole story but Hugh figured out how to do it well and keep your attention the whole time. Even the trips up and down the stairs keep your attention and never border on the mundane.

In this story there is a secret that a powerful group inside the silo are desperately trying to keep, for the better of the community of course. At the same time, citizens are finding out there is a secret and want to share it but keep getting snagged up in plot changing ways. I wish I could go into detail but I don’t like writing spoilers. I like telling you how good the book is and promoting it that way. Goodreads shows a 5 star but I would place it somewhere between 4.5 and 5.

Definitely put this high up on your To Read list. I’ll be putting the rest of the series on mine.

If you read this already, what did you think?

-Tyler
  TylerWandschneider | Jul 9, 2017 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,422,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible