The Burning Room

by Michael Connelly

Series: Rachel Walling (5.6), Harry Bosch en/of Mickey Haller (22), Harry Bosch Universe (26)

2,201816,150 (3.85)37
In the LAPD's Open-Unsolved Unit, not many murder victims die almost a decade after the crime. So when a man succumbs to complications from being shot by a stray bullet nine years earlier, Bosch catches a case in which the body is still fresh, but all other evidence is virtually nonexistent.

English (77)  Spanish (2)  Swedish (1)  French (1)  All languages (81)
I suppose it's probably a good sign that I am not as skilled as I used to be at guessing at the beginning of Connelly's novels who's going to end up dead by the end of the book. Maybe it's a sign of Connelly's evolution as an author. A new problem I have: when the characters mention previous cases, I can't always remember whether I've read about the cases in previous books. ( )
  ImperfectCJ | Dec 8, 2022 |
Harry Bosch doing what he does best - finding clues in places that nobody else thinks about. In this book, he ties together a number of unsolved cases and solves them in his own unorthodox ways. And as usual, no good deed goes unpunished in Harry's world. I almost thought he was going to get nailed for stealing a pen after solving a case involving high-profile perps, but fortunately he got nailed for something a little more serious than that. Sometimes I wonder how he keeps going as a cop; he could probably be a successful PI if he wanted to. ( )
  MartyFried | Oct 9, 2022 |
Connelly's Bosch stories are usually reliable diversions, but this one didn't work for me. Perhaps I have overdosed on the formula. ( )
  breic | Oct 30, 2021 |
The Burning Room was a story that seemed to go nowhere. The ending was sad and reinforced the phrase, "no good deed goes unpunished." It only got three stars in this review because it was difficult to keep track of all of the cases and people involved. This is not one of the author's better Harry Bosch stories. ( )
  lbswiener | Sep 4, 2021 |

Michael Connellyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Welliver, TitusReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Detective Rick Jackson,
With thanks for your service to the City of Angels,
And hope that the second retirement sicks.
Hit 'em straight!
It seemed to Bosch to be a form of torture heaped upon torture.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,424,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible