Bear Naked

by Jessica Sims

Series: Midnight Liaisons (3.5)

193915,363 (3.77)None

Summary
Nikolina is the only one left in her bear clan that is unmated. She was born and raised in a small and strict bear clan, where rules and obedience are everything. Nikolina is coming into her heat phase, and since the one man she was supposed to end up mated to left and mated a wolf, she has hardly any choices. When she overhears the council talking about her mating with one of the mated couples, she is appalled. She wants love and a true relationship. But there is one bear she can mate with, a bear that left years ago because of a trauma when his mate died. Leif left the bear clan behind, and has been living in Antarctica as a lone bear, only in his shifter form, feasting on penguins. Nikolina goes in search for him, because he is her last hope. Nikolina finds Leif, and she helps Leif come back to his human form and when Nikolina's mating heat comes upon her, Leif is there strong and willing, and they begin to learn each other. When the council discovers her whereabouts, Nikolina and Leif will be forced to make a difficult choice...stay within the clan or be together and live alone?
Plot and Story Line
This is another great installment into the Midnight Liaisons' series, it is a novella, but boy did I have a ball of fun with it. I only wish it had lasted long since I fell for Nikolina and Leif quite immediately. Nikolina and Leif are both from the same clan but have had different circumstances. I love bear shifters and I was so thrilled when I saw that this one included both of the characters as bears. Nikolina is a heroine I fell in love with because she was willing to defy the council (which no one ever did unless they wanted to be exiled), and find a mate to love instead of being a 'concubine' just to have a child. She wanted more for herself and her child. I loved how she stuck to her guns and stood up to the council and her father when it really mattered most. Leif was a hero you can admire and appreciate. He is gorgeous and built, with long hair and despite appearing to be tough was sweet as a teddy bear on the inside. I love the way he is with Nikolina and trusts what they have together. The writing is amazing, if you have read Pamela Clare, and love her writing, then you will adore Jessica Sims (since it's the same author). The story was very engaging and had an endearing and passionate romance. Loved every moment and I just couldn't get enough.
The Cover
I actually really love the covers for the series, what I like about this one is the golden colors and I love the relaxed and cozy posture this pair have.
Overall View
Bear Naked is a brilliant addition to this paranormal series. It's a tale of searching and finding love and fighting for it no matter the cost!! HOT, SEXY AND SWEET!! ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 3, 2019 |
Paranormal Romance. Novella. Nikolina is single with no compatible mate, she goes to find Leif on a remote Alaskan island. OK+
  C4RO | Jun 2, 2015 |
An easy read that's fun and tugs at the heart strings. Mating heat is almost upon our heroine and her options are sucky. There's a long shot for her if she can locate a bear shifter that left the clan in grief many years ago. Finding him is easy, helping him find himself in time to be of any use is going to be the hard part.

I like Jessica Sims and her Midnight Liaisons series, she mixes action, intrigue, and romance seamlessly in her stories. ( )
  BridgetBlackwood | Feb 4, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,079,817 books! | Top bar: Always visible