HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Invincible: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 2…

Invincible: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 2 (edition 2017)

by Robert Kirkman (Author), Ryan Ottley (Artist), Bill Crabtree (Artist)

Series: Invincible: Ultimate Collection (2), Invincible (Omnibus 2: TPBs 4-5)

In the aftermath of Mark's revelation concerning his father, he's forced topick up the pieces of his life and carry on. The Ultimate Collection, Vol.2 collects Invincible's struggle to become his own man, to stand on his ownand li
Member:Beardicus
Title:Invincible: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 2
Authors:Robert Kirkman (Author)
Other authors:Ryan Ottley (Artist), Bill Crabtree (Artist)
Info:Image Comics (2017), 352 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

Invincible: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 02 by Robert Kirkman

Now I'm hooked on this series. This is clearly turning into my favorite superhero book. Starting to get attached to character I didn't think I would care about and reading story's other superhero books don't really focus on anymore like alcoholism and even simple things like homework.

I think my favorite part of this book is yes it a superhero book, but it's also a book about the everyday life of the superhero. Kirkman nails both in one issue usually. Oddly I'm interested in Mark Grayson's personal everyday life as much as I like the superhero scenes. This book will deliver drama, comedy, and action all at once.

Another thing I love is the fact that Invincible is around my age (maybe few months older). Noticed he's my height and around my build too. It's refreshing to find a hero I can relate too. I know these are older comics now, but reading him in high school and college made me flashback to my days in both...not to long ago though.

As I said before, I'm glad I got the other hardcover Ultimate collections because I'm hooked on these. ( )
  Ghost_Boy | Aug 25, 2022 |
I like this series, and I dig the ink pen art style. I love superheroes/people with powers in general, and this does it in a fun, clever way though a lot of the female characters are pretty bland. This comic is older, so there are a few things that make me roll my eyes. The humor’s usually lighthearted, but the action can get vicious and gritty when it wants too. Either way, I’m excited to see how the story progresses. ( )
  DestDest | Nov 25, 2020 |
The continuing and awesome adventures of Invincible and Co. ( )
  akmargie | Apr 4, 2013 |
Collects #14-24, #0 and Image comics summer special #1 ( )
  angellreads | Jul 28, 2011 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Crabtree, BillIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Ottley, RyanIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Wooton, RusIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 183,156,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible