Plants Feed Me by Lizzy Rockwell

Plants Feed Me (edition 2015)

by Lizzy Rockwell

7520281,819 (4.36)1
"Watermelons are fruits. Cabbages are leaves. Walnuts are seeds. Carrots are roots. People eat many parts of plants. Even flowers!--
Member:kdufrene
Title:Plants Feed Me
Authors:Lizzy Rockwell
Info:Holiday House (2015), Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:plants, gardening, earth

Plants Feed Me by Lizzy Rockwell

Very interesting book that explains how and where plants grow. Rockwell writes about various plants, vegetables and fruits, how they grow and what parts you can eat. Parts of the plants shown are labeled giving the reader knowledge of the plants and its parts. Readers interested in learning the biology and anatomy of plants, vegetables and fruits, this is the book for you! ( )
  Larmand | Apr 24, 2019 |
This book had plenty of information that even I wasn't aware of. I loved how each page did not have a lot of sentences and kept it simple so that it does not overwhelm the reader. To introduce more specific topics such as anatomy, the illustrator chose to use an infographic and labeled the different fruits and vegetables, which I think would be very helpful for students. This book would be perfect during a health unit for students kindergarten through third grade, or used as part of a biology unit. ( )
  agreenwald | Apr 2, 2019 |
"Plants Feed Me" was very cute and simple. It described different fruits and vegetables, how they grow, and how we eat them! It showed children helping in the garden and also labeled which plants were producing what food. The illustrations were great for children and showed many processes like a seed turning into a plant and seeds turning into flour. The book was a little simple for older grades so I can only see it being read in PK-1st grade classrooms. ( )
  owaguespack | Aug 30, 2018 |
It describes how the plants start to grow from seeds in garden and show how vegetables and fruits are coming from plants. In the end, farmland is shown with animal stock, so those animals also depend on plants.
  yumiheath | May 12, 2018 |
This is a really cute book! This book is a good book to use in your science class, it explains how we use every part of a plant to get nutrients from. We eat leaves, seeds, and root of plants. I also love the pictures in this book, they are very colorful! This is a great book to read to kids, and it will hold their attention. ( )
  lsalone | Apr 19, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,693,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible