Beacon of Love by Allie Boniface
1031,346,015 (4.33)None
Welcome to Lindsey Point: home of a haunted lighthouse, a 50-year old murder mystery, and a romance about to erupt between travel journalist Sophie Smithwaite and hunky local handyman Lucas Oakes. Sophie is a feisty travel show host in town to film an episode about Lindsey Point's haunted lighthouse. But digging into the story of a tragic murder-suicide and love gone wrong reveals startling connections to Sophie's own past. Part-time paramedic, handyman, seasonal Santa-Lucas does it all-except get attached. He's still reeling from the death of his best friend ten years ago and the more recent infidelity of his ex-fiancee. Yet despite Sophie's big-city nosiness and her insistence on chasing long-dead ghosts, he's drawn to her.As the mystery deepens, sparks fly and legends crumble. Is preserving tradition and protecting secrets worth giving up a chance at true love? "Beacon of Love has likable characters, lively dialogue and a local mystery which needs to be solved. Well paced with just the right amount of humor, I found myself turning the pages to see just what was going to happen next...the scenes between Sophie and Lucas are fun, light and full of sexual tension..." ~Queen of the Night Reviews "I really enjoyed the premises of this story. True love...Secrets....New Love....Wonderful!" ~4-Stars on Goodreads "Beacon of Love by Allie Boniface was the perfect slice of heaven for me! Not only did we get a nice romance, but we also got to dig into an old mystery and try to solve a 50 year-old murder..." ~Romance Addict Book Blog… (more)

Lindsey Point is a puzzle waiting to be solved. Sophie wants to be the one that exposes the truth. Lucas will do whatever it takes to prevent it. As all readers of Allie Boniface know, she writes stories that are nostalgic. Full of complex characters and unique storylines, her writing is thought provoking, powerful and easy to follow. I received an ARC of Beacon of Love in exchange for an honest review. There are lessons to be learned from every story Ms. Boniface writes. Lucas and Sophie teach us that pride, ego and fame are less important than listening to your heart. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
I was given this book in exchange of an honest review.

I enjoyed this book and its small town setting. It took me a little bit to get into it but once I was immersed I couldn't put it down. There are numerous twists in this mystery. Looking forward to more from this author! ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Apr 28, 2014 |
Loved this book! Very touching romance mystery. Well developed story and characters. I fell in love with Lucas from the start and my feelings toward him only intensified as I learned more of his back story. Lighthouses have always held a special place in my heart, so the setting of this novel was a perfect fit for me. Intrigued (and pleased!) by the fact that I actually didn't have all of this one figured out until I completed the book. Perfect depiction of the closeness of a small town and how everyone's lives there have connections. Thrilled to read a great and truly interesting story without sex as a main focus. One of my favorite reads! ( )
  MEDavis66 | Mar 25, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Allie Boniface's book Beacon of Love was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Allie Boniface is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,644,303 books! | Top bar: Always visible