Blue Labyrinth by Douglas Preston

Blue Labyrinth (edition 2015)

by Douglas Preston (Author)

Member:sangreal
Title:Blue Labyrinth
Authors:Douglas Preston (Author)
Info:Vision (2015), 560 pages
Collections:To read, DLBB, Ebooks
Tags:mystery/thriller/suspense, e-book, EBRL, unread

Blue Labyrinth by Douglas Preston

English (54)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (57)
I just picked this book up at the store. Wow, I guess I have really gotten behind on this series. I think there are about 4 books I haven't read yet. Since I have this book in hand, I will read it now, and then go back to get the books I missed. The Pendergast series is one of my favorites so I am excited to read this.

I finished the book tonight. I enjoyed it very much. This reminded me of some of the older Pendergast novels, the ones that made me fall in love with them. I enjoyed the plot, and the race to save Pendergast's life. This really gave some of the other characters a chance to shine. Especially Constance. She was awesome. I like these stand alone novels more than I do the trilogies. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
The book starts off with a bang! The murdered corpse of an enemy shows up on the doorstep to Agent Aloysius Pendergast's home and later on during the autopsy a turquoise is found in the stomach of the deceased. This stone will lead Pendergast on a hunt to find the killer of his enemy and this killer is out for revenge that will put Pendergast life in danger!

It's action from the start, just the way I like it. It's great to read another excellent book by Preston & Child about Agent Pendergast. I did miss Corrie Swanson in this story, but she had a prominent role in the last book so I shouldn't pout. It was good to have Vincent D'Agosta and Margo Green helping Pendergast in this book. Constance Greene is also lending a hand, which is a good thing because of her knowledge of the Pendergast family history and Pendergast will need all help he can get!

Someone in the Pendergast family caused something years ago that affects present time and now Pendergast has to fight for his life and his friends must do their utmost to save his life.

It's a great book. Very enjoyable and forward driven all the time. I didn't like it as much as the last book White Fire, but as I stated above, I just adore Corrie Swanson, I have since the first time I read Still Life with Crows one of the best books in the series. But anyway, it's still a really, really good book!

Btw: I still wait for Hollywood make movies about Agent Pendergast with Paul Bettany in the title role! I need a remake of The Relic with Agent Pendergast in it!

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
It's always a happy day when a new Pendergast adventure is on my shelf. ( )
  LMJenkins | Nov 28, 2018 |
Another great read in the Pendergast series. While some of these books aren't always a 5-star read, they're still incredibly enjoyable and I always find myself looking to grab the next one of the series at Barnes & Noble when it gets released each year. Hats off to Pendergast and all of his investigations. ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |
Bizarre and completely unbelievable but I can't stop listening to this series! ( )
  SevenAcreBooks | Jul 11, 2018 |

Preston, Douglasprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Child, Lincolnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Auberjonois, ReneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The stately Beaux Arts mansion on Riverside Drive between 137th and 138th Streets, while carefully tended and impeccably preserved, appeared to be untenanted.

A long-buried family secret resurfaces when one of Aloysius Pendergast's most implacable enemies shows up on his doorstep as a murdered corpse. The mystery has all the hallmarks of the perfect murder, save for an enigmatic clue: a piece of turquoise lodged in the stomach of the deceased. The gem leads Pendergast to an abandoned mine on the shore of California's desolate Salton Sea, which in turn propels him on a journey of discovery deep into his family's sinister past. But Pendergast learns there is more at work than a ghastly episode of family history: he is soon stalked by a subtle killer bent on vengeance over an ancient transgression. In short order, Pendergast is caught in a wickedly clever plot, which will leave him stricken in mind and body...and may well end with his death.

"A long-buried family secret resurfaces when one of Aloysius Pendergast's most implacable enemies shows up on his doorstep as a murdered corpse. The mystery has all the hallmarks of the perfect murder, save for an enigmatic clue: a piece of turquoise lodged in the stomach of the deceased. The gem leads Pendergast to an abandoned mine on the shore of California's desolate Salton Sea, which in turn propels him on a journey of discovery deep into his family's sinister past. But Pendergast learns there is more at work than a ghastly episode of family history: he is soon stalked by a subtle killer bent on vengeance over an ancient transgression. In short order, Pendergast is caught in a wickedly clever plot, which will leave him stricken in mind and body...and may well end with his death"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,759,270 books! | Top bar: Always visible