Nelly Gnu and Daddy Too by Anna Dewdney

Nelly Gnu and Daddy Too (edition 2017)

by Anna Dewdney (Author)

Series: Llama Llama (8)

Nelly Gnu spends a day building a play house with her father.
Member:MadisonJohnson
Title:Nelly Gnu and Daddy Too
Authors:Anna Dewdney (Author)
Info:Viking Books for Young Readers (2017), Edition: Brdbk, 36 pages

Work Information

Nelly Gnu and Daddy Too by Anna Dewdney

Nelly Gnu spends a great day with her Daddy Gnu, building and decorating a cardboard house. Same charm as the Llama books. ( )
  JennyArch | Jun 2, 2018 |
There are several reasons I liked this book by Anna Dewdney.The first reason I liked this book was because of the plot. The book was about Nelly Gnu and her dad working together to build a little cardboard house. They went to the store to get more supplies when Nelly was separated from her dad. "Out with Daddy -- hip hooray! It's a super-duper day for Nelly and her Daddy Gnu... Uh-oh! Daddy? Where ARE you?" I feel that this plot is great and relates to many young children who get lost or separated from their parents at the store. The second thing I liked about this book was the characters. The main characters in this book were Nelly and her Daddy. I feel that they did a great job in showing the relationship between the two characters as they spent time together. "Nelly loves her Daddy Gnu. He always knows just what to do. A great big box, some tape, and string-- Daddy can make anything!" In this quote you can see the sturdy relationship between the two characters in the book. The last thing that I enjoyed about this book were the illustrations. They were all hand drawn and painted by the author. They enhanced the story and fit the written text very well, showing exactly what Nelly and her Daddy were building together. Overall, I feel that the 'big idea' of this story is to not only teach kids that teamwork can create something amazing, but also to stay close to your parents in the store because getting lost can be scary. ( )
  madigischel | Nov 7, 2016 |
Another great children's book from Anna Dewdney! Nelly Gnu spends the day with Daddy Gnu, they build a playhouse together and paint and decorate it. Then Nelly gets to sleep in it at night. Dad makes dinner and takes her to the store to buy paints for her playhouse. While at the store she gets separated from Daddy Gnu but he finds her very soon after. The illustrations are bright and cheery created with water colors and acrylic paints, children are sure to love Llama Llama's best friend Nelly Gnu in this charming story of a daddy and his sweet little gnu. ( )
  Shannon_373 | Apr 22, 2016 |
A cute Daddy-daughter story by the author of the Llama Llama series. Both daddy and little girl loved it, so we may need to add this book to our own shelves, too. Daddy takes the day and a big box, making a house with his little gnu, paint and glue. A trip to the store almost becomes a tragedy, but daddy saves the day - and the night! Sweet and likeable, bright illustrations, and a loving theme, a winner on all sides. ( )
  Ermina | Feb 25, 2016 |
Nelly and her daddy enjoy a day together, building, playing, and reading. ( )
  CommunityLibrarian | Nov 26, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

Nelly Gnu spends a day building a play house with her father.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,102,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible