Ace of Hearts

by Barbara Metzger

Series: House of Cards Trilogy (1)

Classic Literature. Fiction. Romance. Historical Fiction. HTML:

A classic work from author Barbara Metzger, now available in ebook format for the first time!

Never did Alexander "Ace" Endicott, the Earl of Cards, imagine himself to be thrice-betrothed against his will by the doings of three desperate debutantes. So he escapes London to his property in the country, where he follows through with his deceased father's last wish-to find his long-lost step-sister. His search takes a detour and leads him to Nell, who piques his interest. Now, Ace may have to reconsider his rejection of marriage and see if two mismatched lovers can make a royal pair.

.… (more)

Amusing regency romance. I'm not convinced that I'll read the other 2 books, but I might. Her style is a lot like Mary Balogh, which I like. This story was really great (love the goose)but drawn out more than the plot would support. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
This is a very funny regency romance. there are scenes in this book, frequently involving a goose that are out rageously funny. So well written I will read more of her books, really appealed to me.
  echarles18 | Nov 30, 2008 |
So Funny! A romantic comedy of errors. ( )
  muzzie | Sep 7, 2008 |

Barbara Metzgerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sterlin, JennyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Classic Literature. Fiction. Romance. Historical Fiction. HTML:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,283,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible