Free Me (The Found Duet, #1) by Laurelin…

Free Me (The Found Duet, #1) (original 2014; edition 2014)

by Laurelin Paige

Member:medicwife
Title:Free Me (The Found Duet, #1)
Authors:Laurelin Paige
Info:Paige Press, Kindle Edition, 300 pages
Tags:to-read

Free Me (The Found Duet, #1) by Laurelin Paige (2014)

I don't know why I put off reading this book for so long! I definitely got sucked into Gwen's world. I loved her character development. Watching her gain confidence in herself was awesome. I adored the mystery around JC as well.

This story is very reminiscent of its predecessor but completely its own and it was such a treat to return to the world of Fixed.

Full Review: https://wp.me/p7hLUw-2v9
Actual Rating: 4/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | Aug 26, 2018 |
It seems simple enough; a bargain between two people who are not looking for love, but looking for a little fun and exploration. Although the scenes between JC and Gwen were spicy, I found their two- dimensional struggle to remain unattached a little annoying at times. To be honest, I struggled to finish the book. I really wanted to see where the character development was going. JC never made it past lukewarm. The moment he has to defend Gwen against her father, he shows more of a weaker side than I originally pictured for him. The failure seemed out of character. Overall, although I like the writing style, I was disappointed in the story. I do not believe I will continue on with this series. ( )
  alyssadrake | Sep 1, 2016 |
LOOOOOOOOOORD help me! This book was so hot, and naughty! Laurelin does it again! Shocking me is sort of difficult after all the novels I've read, but she always seems to keep me guessing!

Check out my full book review here! http://www.addicted2booksblog.com/the-found-duet-laurelin-paige/ ( )
  seyebrows | Dec 30, 2015 |
I wasn't supposed to be working the night I met JC.

Her story started long before she started working at The Sky Launch...

Screw fairytales. The only reward Gwen Anders got from her rough childhood was a thick skin and hard heart. She’s content with her daily grind managing a top NYC nightclub—Eighty-Eighth Floor. So hers isn’t a happily ever after. She doesn’t believe in those anyway.

Then she meets J.C.

The rich, smooth talking playboy is the sexiest thing that Gwen has ever encountered, but she’s not interested in a night-in-shining latex. But when a family tragedy pushes her to the brink, it’s J.C. who’s there to teach her a new method of survival, one based on following primal urges and desires. His no-strings-attached lessons require her to abandon her constant need for control. Her carefully built walls are obliterated.

Gwen discovers there’s a beautiful world outside her prison. Freedom is exhilarating—and terrifying. When she starts to feel something for J.C., she fears for her heart. Especially as she realizes that he has secrets of his own. Secrets that don't want to set him free.

This series can be read alone or with the Fixed Trilogy.

Her story started long before she started working at The Sky Launch... Screw fairytales. The only reward Gwen Anders got from her rough childhood was a thick skin and hard heart. She's content with her daily grind managing a top NYC nightclub-Eighty-Eighth Floor. So hers isn't a happily ever after. She doesn't believe in those anyway. Then she meets J.C. The rich, smooth talking playboy is the sexiest thing that Gwen has ever encountered, but she's not interested in a night-in-shining latex. But when a family tragedy pushes her to the brink, it's J.C. who's there to teach her a new method of survival, one based on following primal urges and desires. His no-strings-attached lessons require her to abandon her constant need for control. Her carefully built walls are obliterated. Gwen discovers there's a beautiful world outside her prison. Freedom is exhilarating-and terrifying. When she starts to feel something for J.C., she fears for her heart. Especially as she realizes that he has secrets of his own. Secrets that don't want to set him free. This series can be read as a standalone novel or as part of the Fixed Trilogy.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,762,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible